render command help.

anandj

i got a doubt about render,i rendered a certain object with a steel type material in autocad 2007 and saved it.when i opened that file in cad 2006 and called render command i was not able to see that material nor any lights..plz help me with this cause most of our clients got lower or higher autocad version than autocad2007.if anyone got solution for this plz share with me...

The material used on model needs to be sent to your clients and they may need to add it to their drawing as it pulls this from a directory. The Materials preloaded into 06 and 07 i believe are different. Also an acad07 file isnt typically compatable with older versions and needs to be saved as an 04.

here are two screen shots, the first is a shot of 07s render mat, the second is 06

the lights should stay with the model but the lighting options in 07 changed from 06

render.jpg

render06.JPG

yea rite this might be a problem . clients might dont have time to reload their material directory.basically am customized gauge disigner mostly i use steel and crom type material. is there anyway to make colour shine and tat shine can be saved on the object.i have also tried applying colour and adjusting setting from visual style manager and made colour shine. but when i open tat file in older version it ends up with same result. can i get the simple solution for it.

i am probably the last person that should be answering this because honestly i just dont have the knowledge with materials and rendering, but i think you need to create a material and save that material(which will be in your material database). I dont know of any way to send the material with the .dwg file.

the visual style manager i believe is only part of the shademode and doesnt have any affect on rendering(again i just dont know and im stabbing in the dark).

im sure someone with more knowledge on the subject will chime in.

will your clients not be happy with rendered scenes or animations? do they actually need to manipulate the model? Because the render time(especially quality depending on version of cad) will greatly differ between computer and version.

The only thing i can think is if you save your drawing in a folder along with any materials you use in that same folder(so its referenced to that folder name) and send this entire folder to your client. Assuming you get them to put it in the same director(c:\Desktop\CadModel or something like that) im assuming the materials will be loaded, just a guess though.

yea rite this might be a problem . clients might dont have time to reload their material directory.basically am customized gauge disigner mostly i use steel and crom type material. is there anyway to make colour shine and tat shine can be saved on the object.i have also tried applying colour and adjusting setting from visual style manager and made colour shine. but when i open tat file in older version it ends up with same result. can i get the simple solution for it.

You can manage dwg for render within acad 2007/2008/2009 and to get material textures with "Etransmit" .And then you can manage dwg for render within acad R14..to..2006 with "Etransmit" command.Unfortunately 2007..to..2009 dwg to render can't manage in 2006 or earlier.Coz 2007..to.2009..lights..material..and render engine types are different with 2006 or earlier ver.So you need to make new materials in 2006.Sorry for your problem.This is etransmit tutorial link..http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/AutoCAD_tips_etransmit_drawing.html