v2009 - when modeling in 3d UCS automatically changes?

-TJ

Can I turn this "feature" off? I'm coming from v2000 and used to 3dorbit-ing my part in wireframe to an isometric view in order to draw & extrude plines which will later be subtracted.

In v2009, with the PL command active, I notice as soon as the crosshair is on the part the face is highlighted and often I cannot pick an endpoint or intersection that is behind the forwardmost face (the view is set to wireframe). If I can manage to trick CAD into selecting the point I want to start at, the UCS changes to match the face it thinks I want to model from, typically changing the Z direction which is perpendicular to the way I want to draw.

I'll check it out tomorrow, just powered down the CAD machine for the day! Thanks!

[edit] yep, that's what I needed to know, thanks! I never paid any attention to those buttons on the bottom...thanks!