extend an solid object?

miroslav_s

Click on my user name ReMark. It will take you to my Profile. Look on the left hand side.

Hurry....the window between our two worlds is closing.

The time allotment has expired.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• miroslav_s

• Dadgad

• khama

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got to be stupid and blind!! I click on your name ReMark, a small windows opens giving me three choices : View Profile, View Forum Posts, Add as Contact. I click on View Profile and then I am at your Profile side and looking on the left hand side but still I cannot find where to click in order to send you my drawing! God I feel so stupid right now!

I guess you turned it off. By the time I saw where the option is you were gone.

I ran the command line version of Purge twice and then an Audit. The results were as follows:

Command: ActMacro001

ZOOM

Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or

[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] : E

Command: -PURGE

Enter type of unused objects to purge

[blocks/Dimstyles/Groups/LAyers/LTypes/MAterials/MUltileaderstyles/Plotstyles/SH

apes/textSTyles/Mlinestyles/Tablestyles/Visualstyles/Regapps/Zero-length

geometry/Empty text objects/All]: R Enter name(s) to purge : * Verify each

name to be purged? [Yes/No] : n Deleting registered application

"ACAD_ASSOCPERSSUBENTMANAGER".

Deleting registered application "ACAD_EXEMPT_FROM_CAD_STANDARDS".

Deleting registered application "ACAD_MLEADERVER".

Deleting registered application "ACAD_STEPID".

Deleting registered application "ACAD_SURFACE_XFORM".

Deleting registered application "AcadAnnoPO".

6 registered applications deleted.

Command: -PURGE

Enter type of unused objects to purge

[blocks/Dimstyles/Groups/LAyers/LTypes/MAterials/MUltileaderstyles/Plotstyles/SH

apes/textSTyles/Mlinestyles/Tablestyles/Visualstyles/Regapps/Zero-length

geometry/Empty text objects/All]: A Regenerating layout.

Regenerating model.

6 zero-length geometric objects deleted.

Enter name(s) to purge : * Verify each name to be purged? [Yes/No] : n

Deleting block "$MANIGLIA".

Deleting block "*E10".

Deleting block "_ARCHTICK".

Deleting block "A$C13506B0D".

Deleting block "A$C2D1C3C61".

Deleting block "A$C53783D8F".

Deleting block "A3E24F".

Deleting block "dörr_uppifrån".

Deleting block "FRE".

Deleting block "leavegrp".

Deleting block "skjutdorr".

Deleting block "skjuttdorr2".

Deleting block "staket_uppifr[n".

Deleting block "test".

Deleting block "test2".

Deleting block "test3".

Deleting block "trädgårdsstol".

17 blocks deleted.

Deleting layer "...".

Deleting layer "....".

Deleting layer "1".

Deleting layer "chioma".

Deleting layer "fogliame".

Deleting layer "foglie".

Deleting layer "gräsmatta".

Deleting layer "PROSPETTI".

Deleting layer "QUOTE".

Deleting layer "ram".

Deleting layer "RETINI".

Deleting layer "tak".

Deleting layer "TESTO".

Deleting layer "tillbyggnad".

14 layers deleted.

Deleting linetype "CHROME".

Deleting linetype "HIDDEN".

Deleting linetype "WOOD4".

3 linetypes deleted.

Deleting text style "ROMANS".

1 text style deleted.

Deleting shape file "ltypeshp.shx".

1 shape file deleted.

Deleting dimension style "ISO-25".

Deleting dimension style "Standard".

2 dimension styles deleted.

No unreferenced mlinestyles found.

No unreferenced plotstyles found.

No unreferenced table styles found.

No unreferenced materials found.

No unreferenced visual styles found.

Deleting multileader style "Annotative".

1 multileader style deleted.

No unreferenced groups found.

Command: AUDIT

Fix any errors detected? [Yes/No] : y

Auditing Header

Auditing Tables

Auditing Entities Pass 1

Pass 1 4200 objects auditedAcDbHatch(1EFC7)

No Closed Hatch Boundary Loops

AcDbHatch(1EFC7) could not be repaired. It will be Erased.

Pass 1 16600 objects audited

Auditing Entities Pass 2

Pass 2 16600 objects audited

Auditing Blocks

11 Blocks audited

Total errors found 1 fixed 1

Erased 1 objects

Command: Playback of action macro complete.

This resulted in decreasing the file size from 4.3MB to 1.6MB.

That was interesting.

First time I tried switching from Conceptual visual style to Realistic my program got hung up.

I went back into the drawing, after closing then restarting AutoCAD, and I froze as many of the layers as I could including the three that started with the words "3D staket" which I assume is a fence. I was working in a 2Dwireframe while doing this. I switched to a Conceptual visual style with no problem. Then I switched to a Realistic visual style and this time the program did not hang. I was able to use the 3Dorbit command while remaining in a Realistic visual style with no problem. I have a vague idea that the problem has something to do with the 3D staket layers. I will have to test that theory however.

Question: Did you purposely use "constraints" on some of your geometry? I ask because a symbol came up in a couple of places that I believe is associated with the use of constraints.

Question: Did you know that the ends of the horizontal boards making up your fence actually overlap each other at each and every fence post?

Great!

OK a question: Whenyou write command PURGE a new windows appear. Do I then press button PURGE ALLor do I enter for example Layers and then choose what to purge and then pressPURGE? Is it OK to just press PURGE ALL at once? Also way do you repeat commandPURGE twice and then AUDIT? Why not only once PURGE and once AUDIT for example?

Regarding your question:

honestly I don´t understand your question with the word "constraints". I mean I undestand the word in english but not in "autocad-language".

Use -PURGE on the command line (notice the - in front). You will need to purge Zero length geometry, empty text and regapps separately, because they are not included in the All command.

I use the command line version which looks like this:

-purge

Note the inclusion of the dash in front of the command.

First I specifically purge all Regapps.

I repeat the command and do a Purge > All.

Then I run the Audit command once.

If I suspect there is something "hinky" (remember the movie "The Fugitive"?) I will do a "saveas" at the point and save the drawing under a slightly different name then I'll compare file sizes.

I find I have very good results using the method I have just described to you.

You can use any method you want.

Question: Did you know you have a section of wall that also incorporates what appears to be a door handle and lock cylinder that act as a group or a block of objects?

Question: Did you know that you have overlapping geometry on the "3D staket korta versionen"?

I believe the fencing could be a major contributing factor in the problems you are experiencing with your drawing. It needs to be corrected. Overlapping geometry may cause the program to hang or behave in an unexpected way as it tries to reconcile the inconsistencies in your drawing when you try to switch between visual styles.

Question: What is shown on layer vaggar?

Edited by ReMark

I cannot thank you enough.By just doing -purge command like you described and then Audit command I immediatelysaw the improvement! Realistic view is now working great. No more autoswitching to2D wireframe while 3D rotating. God, this is great! ‼! Thank you!

However, I do see some“hacking”, or slowing down for sec of program it self. You mentioned “3 D staket”as to be the problem (you are right 3D staket means 3d Fence). My question:when I enter Layer manager I cannot delete those 3D staket layers. Also in thePurge command window those three 3D staket layers are listed in items thatcannot be purged. Why is that?

I wouldlike to delete those 3D staket layers and start from scratch by drawing new fence. That is why I am asking. Or, I can erase 3D staket object on drawing and startover again on the same layer. Butnevertheless it is MUCH MUCH BETTER now than it was before!

Hvala/Thanks!

Regardingyour questions:

Question:Did you know you have a section of wall that also incorporates what appears tobe a door handle and lock cylinder that act as a group or a block of objects?

Answer: That happened when I used command presspull to make a hole through thewall! I will try to correct it.

Question: Did you know that you have overlapping geometry on the "3Dstaket korta versionen"?

Answer: upsjust noticed it!

Yes, you can delete what is on each of the three "staket" layers and start over.

Normally you cannot delete a layer that has objects still residing on it. That's a "safety" feature that inhibits our ability to do something stupid. However, there is a Layer Delete command which will allow us to do just that. Meaning it will delete the layer and everything that is on that layer as well. The user is notified that all objects, along with the layer, are about to be deleted. If you say it is OK then kiss it all goodbye.

I will caution you to pay particular attention to the geometry you are creating. Poorly created geometry can lead to problems down the road.

...question with the word "constraints". I mean I undestand the word in english but not in "autocad-language".

See attached. Geometry constraints and parametric dimensions give you added control beyond osnaps and ortho(polar).

Constraints.png

I think Help (F1) might have additional information.

You guys are real piece of work, in a good way of course. I just deleted 3D staket objects on those three layers and now it is the same as when I began drawing. Realistic view is working great, zooming is working great, without hacking. I will make new 3D staket objects and thistime I will be more careful.

I get not what you meant with “constraints” (saw the post from JD Mather,thanks by the way!) and YES I did use this command.

Thanks for the info regarding Layers,Purge, Audit and many more useful stuff along the way.

Why would you use constraints if you did not know what their purpose was and how they work?

In my opinion, your title block and border should go on their own layer and not on layer "0".

One other suggestion. The horizontal rails, when they meet at a post, should butt up against each other and not overlap unless you are having the rails cut with a shiplap at each end.

Edited by ReMark