extend an solid object?

miroslav_s

Dadgad: In other words you don't have a graphics card you have an onboard graphics chip?

I am woefully illiterate when it comes to graphics cards/chips if you will. Looking to upgrade, I am going to ditch VISTA Home Premium for Windows 7 Ultimate, assuming that my 32bit system is up to the task.

Here are the specs on my workhorse, as it stands now. Any thoughts or suggestions? Quadro is seriously expensive hereabouts, probably go with GeForce as they seem to be most available here.

the beastly HP.jpg

graphics card or chip.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• miroslav_s

• Dadgad

• khama

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So we are upgrading a laptop?

Well, save your money and go with Win7 Home Premium (although I usually suggest Pro as the preferred OS).

Can you actually install a dedicated graphics card in your laptop?

What is the max amount of RAM you can install in your computer?

The old warhorse deserves a new set of shoes. The Vista drives me nuts, Windows 7 Home Premium on the Dell is so much better. Disregarding price, which would you choose, Pro or Ultimate?

When I said woefully illiterate, perhaps I was overstating my credentials. :playing:

I had assumed (perhaps wrongly?) that I could. Seems like I should go about this from the other direction, eh?

The HP I have is the non-Penryn one. Busy now, but need to look into it when time permits, I'll get all the relevant specs. :beard:

I went with Win7 Ultimate on my home system. My work system uses Win7 Pro. Pro is fine.

Once you look into it come back here and start a new thread. Bring your full specs with you too. Slacking off is not permitted. I have eyes everywhere (my ghost crabs are watching you).

My apologizesfor not answering to your question earlier. Been busy. Yes, I did use (or should I saytested the command “constrains parallel” but when you asked me in one of yourposts my brain was blocked I guess and I forgot what it was. Silly me! Also, Isaw the mistakes I made with the fence and you are right putting titleblock onits own layer. Will correct that as well. Thanks once again for everything

Bestregards Miro

• 4 weeks later...
And which command(s) would you be using?

Stretch via grips. Blue grip if it's the top face of an extrusion, red subobject grip if not (Ctrl+Click)

Thanks nestly. Stretch command is the answer. Point filters constrain the move along the given axis. you can stretch both of them at the same time, one move.

Thanks nestly. Stretch command is the answer

Can you expand on that. I am unable to use the STRETCH command to "stretch" solids... it just moves them.

OOPS Sorry I forget that I am using Prosteel and not true 3D solids. Everything is dynamic in Prosteel. You can copy them and move them to the given point using .Z point filter and then union them. That will work.

You can stretch them one by one also to the given point using point filters using the arrow grip.

OOPS Sorry I forget that I am using Prosteel and not true 3D solids.

Do a List on one of the objects.

Does it return Body rathe than Solid?

If you really needed to you could convert Body to Solid in Fusion.

Do a List on one of the objects.

Does it return Body rathe than Solid?

If you really needed to you could convert Body to Solid in Fusion.

It is Prosteel and makes it own solids called KS_PLATE and is FULLY dynamic. You can stretch 100 objects of various lengths by selecting all the grips to be moved all in ONE MOVE. It is so much faster and more intuitive than CAD solids. What takes me an hour to do in Autocad can take just 15 mins in Prosteel. Structural steel and plate items are a snap and totally dynamic. I Love it !! As far as productivity goes it is the BOMB !!

So we're now saying that a solid cannot be stretched via its grips is that correct?

No that is not what I am saying. You CAN totally stretch solids one at a time in the direction of extrusion, but if you don't constrain the stretch it will go weird. Point filters are essential. Well I can using the the blue arrow and that is in Acad 2008 and above.

I'm not sure what anyone else is saying, but I'm saying grips can be used to stretch multiple faces as one operation.

Nestly we are not worthy... What a legend..

You can stretch 100 objects of various lengths by selecting all the grips to be moved all in ONE MOVE.

I'm sure ProSteel has advantages, and I may have a look myself as I do quite a bit of steel design, but what you described doesn't sound that much different than regular AutoCAD

[video=youtube;jTjao-fdGX4]

Edited by nestly

It is Prosteel and makes it own solids called KS_PLATE and is FULLY dynamic.

You didn't follow my instructions.

If you run the List command on one of the Prosteel objects what does AutoCAD return as the object type?

(I am not interested in what Prosteel calls it.)

I DID answer the question here is the list as requested. It calls it KS_PLATE.

Command:

Command: list 1 found

KS_PLATE Layer: "PS_PLATE"

Space: Model space

Handle = 1814

Coordinates of Object Entity Coordinate System

Origin X=13153.8883 Y=726434.4355 Z= 0.0000

Xaxis X= 1.0000 Y= 0.0000 Z= 0.0000

Yaxis X= 0.0000 Y= 1.0000 Z= 0.0000

VersionIndex = 0

Name of Part = PL 1380x10

PartOrigin =-1