Viewport problem

bobbylou10

I have a polyline that is a certain distance from some base linework. When I go into a layout and look at these lines in the viewport, the polyline appears to be shifted compared to the base linework. Why is it doing this? In model space the polyline is basically on top of the base linework, but when looking at it in the viewport, the polyline looks like it has moved in the negative Y direction.

My polyline represents a fenceline and the base linework is the legal property line. There is also a raster imagine of the area showing roads and the property. Everything looks perfectly fine in model space but in the viewport the fence line looks like it is in the middle of the road.

Any assistance would be very helpful.

Typically, plans are in plan view, that is, it's as if you're looking directly down at them. If things look shifted around, it may be because you're looking at them from a different angle. In your viewport, use the PLAN command to restore plan view.