Sheet Set Manager Automatic Updates?

boilerup

I've created a Sheet Set and added custom properties for things such as Drawn By, Checked By and such. Whenever I link my title block to these fields, the value shows up but when I change the value in the Sheet Set properties, the value is not automatically updated. I have to manually redirect it to the field. Why isn't it being updated automatically?

Thanks!

What do you mean by "manually redirect it to the field"? And a REGEN should work if all you need is to refresh your changes, just so as long as everything is in place correctly.

For instance, Say I change a date of a Custom Sheet Sets Property. I notice that on the title block it didn't change so I use ATE to edit the block and when I do this, it updates. Its almost like its refreshing it. I tried REGEN but it still stays at the same value.

I'm sorry, I'm relatively new when it comes to block changes but how would I go about that? I mean not having the fiel as an attribute in a block?

Just use text instead. Highlight the text, use Ctrl+F to set the SSM property. Once you've done that, go edit the SSM property and see if REGEN works. Just FYI, I don't use Attributes for my SSM properties, I just use normal Text or MText. I feel that I have less issues when I do.

Consider your FIELDEVAL system variable:

FIELDEVAL

Controls how fields are updated. The setting is stored as a bitcode using the sum of the following values:

0 Not updated

1 Updated on open

2 Updated on save

4 Updated on plot

8 Updated on use of eTransmit

16 Updated on regeneration

Note: The Date field is updated by UPDATEFIELD, but it is not updated automatically based on the setting of the FIELDEVAL system variable.

The FIELDEVAL must default to update when it's plotted. I changed it to REGEN. It works perfectly now! Thank you guys so much for your help!

• 2 months later...

Thanks again for the help up top. I do have another question that has come up with SheetSets. When filling out my SheetSet properties with the needed information, I find that if there is a property that I don't need or if I leave it blank, it will show up as ----- on the layout and will print the ----- as well. Is there a character or way to make that be blank and not show up?

For example if one of my properties is for a rod dimension but it doesn't apply to the specific drawing, I just leave it blank. When I do this it comes up with the ----. I don't want to delete the property in case it will apply at a later revision. I can put spaces in the for the property but that only works until the next time you open it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!