CADBot

First time in this forum. I have a rotate problem. I am going from AutoCad 2010 to 2011 and I haven't been able to change all the setting in 2011 to match my usual fun loving workspace. (Anyway) I need to rotate an object in 3D space and 2011 isn't allowing me to do so. I can rotate from the top view, 90 degrees, but from the left, front, right, or back I can't. I believe this is a setting. WHAT IS IT? lol Sorry I am very frustrated. BTW... AutoCad 2011 is at home.. I am at work... I going to have to try your solutions working backwards (In other words I need to screw up 2010 to see if I can get it looking like the one at home, then I will know what setting is the problem).

Edited by CADBot

I could do that but on my 2010 program I don't have to (its a setting, I believe). I just view the object from whatever side I want to rotate... for example 90 degrees from the left .... and it rotates from my view. I keep looking at the object from its side and trying to rotate it 90 degrees and it keeps rotating as if I am looking at it from the top. I hope what I am trying to communicate is clear. I am very bad at making myself clear and understandable... sorry.

Do you know if there may be a setting in options to change it back? Its not like Autocad to change something without letting you change it back.

"Its not like Autocad to change something without letting you change it back."

Sure it is. Just read today's thread about getting AutoCAD to display the previous scale factor used. Works in 2007; does not work in 2012. Go figure.

Well that does not sound promising then. I will keep looking. Please keep me posted. And by the way... thank you very much for the help and any help to follow.