Graphics Issue

beechman

I'm working with ADT 2005. Currently I'm working with a drawing file that was originally generated by another company with a newer release of ACAD.

My problem is that at any given time within a viewport or in model space and, while panning or zooming, the graphics on the screen "explode" and suddenly I'm looking at something that looks worse than an early 80's video game. The image on the screen acts somewhat like a slide but as I PAN the image will change but will also not go away. I'm able to close the drawing without losing my work and re-open the drawing to the last position I panned or zoomed to.

I've tried AUDIT with no results and have WBLOCKed the entire drawing to flush out any garbage without success. I suspect that we may have a station in our office that is corrupting drawings but I cannot be sure.

I've taken a digital photo of my screen and hopefully it posts.

Please help if you can.

comp screen 1.jpg

No.

It acts like a slide if you were to view it over a drawing. You can't select what you are looking at but items behind it can be selected. Essentially you can still edit the drawing but you only see highlighted items and you can't hit escape to get rid of the slide.

Never seen that one before

Try purging as much as you can by

purging

wblock

export out as dxf re-import the dxf

Also try cutting the drawing in half by wblocking half of it. then deleting that bit. The end result will be that the drawing will be on two files.

Modify it, then put those 2 files back together

you are using a cad v.07, it eat a lot of graphic card mem. ive tried using cad ver. 00,06, 07,08. and worst is 07, try to use 06 and 08, maybe your graphic card has an effect.

I saw another problems with graphics

If I work on a big drawing at home, (my computer has less grunt) if I scroll in too fast, acad suddenly does a zoom e

This is because the graphics card can't keep up. It is as if Acad zooms out to study what it is looking at. This is how it was explained to me by an Autocad rep

When I get this problem, I reduce the amount of graphics by turning off layers or cutting the drawing in half. Problem solved.

I don't know if it will help your problem

i would say it's a graphics card issue...could be related to it's memory, driver, and/or the version of windows adt 2005 may be installed on...what are the specs of your machine?..

System:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66 Ghz

1.98 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro Graphics card

XP Pro

I've worked with many other files with far more graphics and have not had this problem on this machine. As i've mentioned, another system in our office has the same problem but that system is older and far less powerful. The big difference with that machine is that ACAD freezes and the work cannot be saved. The file I'm working on was edited on that machine at one point.

these one em using right now:

intel ® core™ 2 quad cpu @ 2.4ghz(4 CPU's)

mem: 3322mb

invidia gfore 8500gt (512)

... and still i got some laggs. em using cad 08 for all medium.