Remove the Ribbon and make it look like ACA 2008?

cfisher

In our office we are still using Architecture 2008, but are being forced to move up to 2012. We do not like the Ribbon format and I know that its possible to being back the look of the older versions. How is this done.... I did not find any threads on this yet.

Anyone know any links....?

the ribbon is a palette which you can undock if you want to, in the same way you do with design center, layer manager etc.

you might like to try LAYERDLGMODE which changes the layer palette back to a dialog box too.

see bottom of this page for hundreds of (well, some) similar threads!

from here:

RIBBON displays the Ribbon

RIBBONCLOSE closes the Ribbon

MENUBAR = 1 displays the drop down menus

MENUBAR = 0 hides the drop down menus

In our office we are still using Architecture 2008, but are being forced to move up to 2012

i'm waiting for someone to kick you for that!

welcome to the forum by the way!

also - have you considered using workspaces to do this?

I might prod you sharply in the behind...

Nah, as much as I personally like the Ribbon, there is no Forum Policy that says you need to do one or the other, just as there is not just one way to draw a rectangle, we embrace everyone here :)

I guess I didn't read the guidelines for the Forum well enough? Kick me?

haha - not a problem at all, just i've seen some people getting annoyed when we ask how to make new releases work like the nice old ones! (if it ain't broke, don't fix it?)

did the suggestions answer your question?

I understand. I just have been using 2008 cents 2008 and all the commands I use, seem to be nested in places I dont understand. I set my Computer up about 4 months ago to look like 2008. Now we are moving all the rest. I cant seem to find the blog or forum that showed me how to do it. It looks and works just like 2008.

NO... I can remove the ribbon but cant seem to find how to load any tool bars without messing with my CUI files.

Can I create a profile on my computer and just load it on another... and have it look the same?

At the bottom right corner, do you see the Workspace-cogwheel? Can you select AutoCAD Classic? Is that it?

That would be nice.. and that is what i have been reading. BUT no... no Classic in there. Only Architecture.

At the bottom right corner, do you see the Workspace-cogwheel? Can you select AutoCAD Classic? Is that it?

Sadly no. No Classic in the list. Only Architecture, BUT that is what i have read... any ideas how to find this Classic if its not listed?

NO... I can remove the ribbon but cant seem to find how to load any tool bars without messing with my CUI files.

Can I create a profile on my computer and just load it on another... and have it look the same?

Same place that you create a Profile (Options > Profile), you can Export the profile so you should be able to import it to your co-workers comps. If I am not mistaken, you should be able to export Workspaces, but I can't remember how..

I guess I didn't read the guidelines for the Forum well enough? Kick me?

There's a lot of kidding around goes on here, don't take anything personally. I'm even more stubborn than that! I use 2010, and set it to classic view. What's more, unless I wind up working for someone else in the future, I have no plans to upgrade past 2010. For the bulk of the work I do what I have serves, and as Bricscad improves and adds features, I will probably move entirely to that as time goes on.

There's a lot of kidding around goes on here' date=' don't take anything personally. I'm even more stubborn than that! I use 2010, and set it to classic view. What's more, unless I wind up working for someone else in the future, I have no plans to upgrade past 2010. For the bulk of the work I do what I have serves, and as Bricscad improves and adds features, I will probably move entirely to that as time goes on.[/quote']

Its not a problem. I assumed it was funny, but there are some a holes out there.

I have been on 2008 and have made everything work perfect for three years. I'm efficient and know where everything is. I dont have time or energy to relearn where copy and paste are located on a ribbon or even the layout of express tools. Neither do the three other people working here. Its even worse for the project manager that dose not use it but once a week. To me... Ribbons are nothing more then a picture menu that gets in my way. I started to just relearn all my commands and ignore menu's.

Thank you for all your help. I got it looking right. I used my old profile and created a new cui file and modified it to look the same on all the other computers.