Very slow speed of render!

thantsinlin

In my computer, one 60',40' drawing with shadows takes 20 minutes to finish rendering.:(

My computer status is processor is 2.4

Memory is 512

and VGA 128.

How do I render in faster way.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thantsinlin

• papagyi

• nocturne00

• Cad64

Everything comes at a price though... For now, tweak your render settings.

RPREF = Render settings.

Another trick that speeds up rendering (but only slightly): When you engage the render, scroll back (zoom out) as far as you can on your mouse wheel.

:huh: Not sure I follow. Can you explain how that works?

Well, it could be one of those "works for me!" things...

Say your in model space looking at a solid object. Engage Render command. Once the render window pops up and the object is rendering (and taking a lot of time cause of the render settings) zoom out on the render window screen and it seems to render faster...

As for how it works? Not sure exactly. Maybe more memory is allocated to the process if the screen doesn't have to update each time a new cube is displayed...

In my computer, one 60',40' drawing with shadows takes 20 minutes to finish rendering.:(

My computer status is processor is 2.4

Memory is 512

and VGA 128.

How do I render in faster way.

For acad 2006,you should model with mostly surface and thickness for render.

If you will do like that you will get faster render time.

I add another RAM card. Now RAM is 1.75 GB.

But still slow. When increase resolution, it takes much longer.

Using thickness instead of execute is fast in rendering but that can't sub or union.

even if you jack it up to 4GB, it wont really cut time of render in half. it also depends on the compexity of the drawing, especially shadows since they require a lot of time to be computed, add it with a high amount of resolution render time for complex 3d models will take an average time of 1 hour.

Here's a link of a rendering I made, these took about 1.5 hours each.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26672

now if your rendering is just as complex, then there's no reason to complain that its slow, im already at good PC if you check my Computer Spects.

Now if you are really i need to have render times greatly reduced, its not in the sofware.

you'll need jack up all components of your computer in tandem with each other. dont settle for 1.75GB, go for 8GB. a state of the art processor, perhaps of the Quad Core Xeon Family (ouch), a 2GB ddr2 memory VCard with more than 512 bit rate. and at last a mother board w/ a high bus speed.

But this wont be cheap, for the best never is :wink:

try to check your 3d objects, especially on the unioned objects, or turn off your detailed 3d (e.g. supporting object) then render. turn on only the massive parts of your 3d. as nocturne said, it has an effect, mostly on detiled parts.

I add another RAM card. Now RAM is 1.75 GB.

But still slow. When increase resolution, it takes much longer.

Using thickness instead of execute is fast in rendering but that can't sub or union.

....http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23172...

You can check to see the quality of image and rendering times.If you will like,you will need to study method of surface and thickness.Surfaces and thickness can't be subs: or union but you can make easily model to render.If you will need more realism,you will need to change 2006 to 2008 or 2009 and then change your pc as nocturne00 said.

Thanks for your advise! But I think I'll need to sell my house for buying them. They are very expensive but sure for the best quality.

Hey nocturne00!Do you buy thantsinlin's house?I think this is your responsibility.Ha..ha:roll::cry::lol:

:D :D :D actually a partially meant posting that as a joke coz me myself cant afford it hhahaha.

:oThanks for help. But please don't let me sleep on the road with a special computer. Even there may be no electricity :D

will do thant... will do :D :D :D

I've drawn the cube with extrude method, then I explode it.

All of it's surfaces are change into many faces.

Is this equal as "thickness"?

Please check!

Drawing with extrude is much faster and easier than drawing with thickness.

I say no friend!When you explode solid ,

1.surface (if you explode curve solid,you will get" body")

2.explode to surface,you will get "region"

3.explode to region ,you will get "line"

So you should use thickness more than solid as you can.This will be reduce error and lighter to manage drawing.

Thanks papagyi, I should use thickness to have more comfortable.

My exploded drawing is not so fast.I think there is no different between

explode and not explode.

What will you explode?

I think explode and not explode will be different.

Min, autocad will be more count objects.

Pls try mesh surface and thickness.