Turn Current Layer On

Manila Wolf

Is there a macro or command line entry that will turn the current layer on?

I would like to do this without using the standard AutoCAD dialog box, so I can build it into a toolbutton macro.

I should add that I do not want to specify the layer name, just turn on the current layer whatever the layer name might be.

Thanks to anybody who can help.

I use this to toggle the on/off state of the current layer:

(defun c:TG nil
 ;; toggle on/off state of current layer
 ;; Alan J. Thompson
 ((lambda (layer) (vlax-put layer 'LayerOn (~ (vlax-get layer 'LayerOn))))
   (vlax-ename->vla-object (tblobjname "LAYER" (getvar 'CLAYER)))
 )
 (princ)
)

:) Glad you like it.

I was amazed how much I actually use it - made it F4 on my keyboard and I can call it transparently.

I was going to ask if you used a F# key for that. TG enter works for me, I might set something up later. How did you do the transparent call?

I was going to ask if you used a F# key for that. TG enter works for me, I might set something up later. How did you do the transparent call?

Here it is directly out of my .MNL file...

["F4"]'TG

Just out of curiosity. Why would the current layer be off or why would you want it to be turn off? I have always had the current layer (the one I'm working on) turned on and do not see a need to turn it off. Hopefully I will learn something quite new here.

Just out of curiosity. Why would the current layer be off or why would you want it to be turn off? I have always had the current layer (the one I'm working on) turned on and do not see a need to turn it off. Hopefully I will learn something quite new here.

+1, Good question

In normal design, sometimes I just want to get a quick look at the site w/o whatever it may be that I'm working on.

Another way I really use it is when I'm cleaning up a surface (flipping faces, smoothing, etc.) I like to have my triangles as my current layer. From there, I can quickly turn the triangles off; pan around, find a problem area; flip layer on and fix; flip layer off and pan around until I find the next issue; rinse & repeat.