Plot style tables missing

edortizr6

I just completed a new drawing from scratch and I'm ready to plot. Problem is that the plot styles are missing. I tried opening another drawing to see if the plot style would show up, and it did. For some reason this new drawing is missing most of the plot styles.

Is there a way to load them into this new drawing? Also, is there a way to avoid having to load them everytime I create a new drawing?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Hi Lulumara, thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what tab you're talking about. Where can I find the plot style tab? Is it under File > plot or File > plot style manager?

Go to the Tools pull down menu and select Options. Click on the Files tab and go down to Printer Support File Path. Double click it and then go to Plot Style Table Search Path. Double click it and it should show you the path it is currently using to find your plot styles. You may need to change this path. To do that, click the Browse button and find your C:\Documents and Settings\"Your Name"\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2006 (Or whatever version you are running)\R16.2(Depending on version)\enu\Plot Styles folder. Once you set this path, you should be able to open any drawing and have your plot styles loaded automatically.

Hi Cad64, I tried that and it doesn't work. Maybe it has something to do with the plotter that I've selected in the layout wizard. I chose the Adobe PDF Driver as the plot device because I always make a PDF of the drawings that I create. I just checked to see what would happen if I created a new drawing with the local plotter selected, and all the styles are there. The funny thing is that I always use the Adobe PDF driver and the styles were always there before.

I'm using Autocad 2000Lt

• 4 months later...
  • 7 years later...

When you go to plot for the first time, do not go to File/Plot. Go to File/Page Setup Manager. There, you will be able to select a Plot File. Good luck!