Dimension Styles - Scale factors

Jay Hatfield

I'm not sure how my dimensions got messed up but now my arrows and leaders and just about everything gets thrown out of proportion when I load a dimension script file. We have these files that automatically change the size of the scale factor to 3/4", 1/2, 1/4", 1/8", 1/16", but now it seems a setting is throwing them off. Can somebody help to explain how I can get my settings back to the right size with the right scale script?

Files that automatically change the size of the scale factor? Do you mean lisp routines?

Maybe it has something to do with the template you're using?

they are .scr files. here's one:

dimscale

style

text

archb

n

n

style

notes

archstyl

n

n

dimtih

dimtoh

dimtad

dimzin

dimtofl

dim

dimpost

exit

dimdle

dimexo

dimexe

dimasz

dimtsz

ucsicon

off

the problem is, my settings are over riding them and they aren't reflecting in this drawing. I just need some basic instructions on setting up a dimension style and when i choose these scripts i need it change the scale factor. It use to work but now everything is messed.

most of the scripts work...when i run su48.scr which is my 1/4" dimension script, it brings up a box "drawing setup" with units, scale, layering, display, tab...not sure why this box recently started coming up and what the settings in there should be...not a good time for this stuff to start happening considering project is due tomorrow morning and many of my leaders, dimensions are in this scale.

I was not aware you were working on an existing drawing.

Did you check DimStyle > Modify > Primary Units tab > Measurement scale > Scale factor?

Did you check Dimstyle > Modify > Fit tab > Scale for dimension features > Use overall scale of:...?

Just putting in a plug.... I would highly suggest to dump Leaders and adopt Multileaders instead. It will keep all this mess from ever happening again, and they are very dynamic.

Remark- I checked both and they are set to 1. I think the problem is in the script. We are working on correcting the 1/4" script because it seems to be the only one bringing up a "drawing setup" box. As for a template, how do you load all the template settings into your current file?

Thanks guys

I created my master templates a long time ago and can't recall the last time I had to edit them.

I also draw all objects in model space at full size and utilize paper space layouts. Additionally, I do all my dimensioning and annotation in my layout at real world heights. If I want 1/8th" long arrowheads that's exactly what I use. If I want my text to be a combination of 9/32" and 1/8" then that's exactly what I use. Thus, as you may well guess, I do not have to deal with scale factors at all.

i prefer that method as well, but for the time being our office standards do not follow those guidelines. Do you know of a way to import a template into a drawing?

A template is just a drawing who's file extension is DWT and not DWG. You could rename it and and insert in into your present drawing but I doubt that will fix the problem.

We fixed it, was the script. For the longest time that script was wrong. I was having to dimension over ride to correct it. Now i'm going to get a template started and try to stream line things so I don't keep recreating drawing, making a mess. At this point, it probably would take too long to clean up this file, so I'll just fix it as best as I can and update all the dimensions. Thanks for all of the help!