Save, Print, Close Drawing, Crash!

DANIEL

I've been running AutoCAD 2012 on windows xp for 6 months or so and am just now experiencing this issue, as of today .....

If I modify a drawing, print it, and then close the drawing AutoCAD crashes. Any ideas on what would cause this all of the sudden? and or any way of fixing this?

Leap day blues - the machine has decided that if it isn't being paid for working today its not going to work.

but no idea other than that

at this rate its reboot will be defined as me giving it my boot over and over again .......

That brings up a good point. Have you shut down the system completely then executed a cold reboot?

nope, but i am now ..... I let you know if I can reproduce this issue after .....

That brings up a good point. Have you shut down the system completely then executed a cold reboot?

since the reboot, I have been unable to reproduce this issue, i guess if it crops back up I'll make sure and do a print screen on the error message to post here.

Do you have InfoCenter disabled?

yes

---------------------

Also, I have a couple of co-works who crash almost every time they print, one of them is on windows 7 with autocad 2004 and the other is using windows 7 and autocad 2012, his CAD crashes randomly, not just when he prints like the 2004 user.

First place to look is at printer drivers which I'm sure you have already done, right?

Next would be to completely uninstall the printer then reinstall it. Completely shut down the computer between these two steps.

You're working over a network right?

First place to look is at printer drivers which I'm sure you have already done, right?

Next would be to completely uninstall the printer then reinstall it. Completely shut down the computer between these two steps.

You're working over a network right?

The drivers havn't changed, I'll have my co-worker reinstall his printer as you suggest though I know he won't be able to get to it till later this after noon but I'll keep you aprised of its results, and yes, there network printers, one is an old school inkjet and the other is xerox copier/printer.