A couple of questions about ACAD 07

iainlines

Good morning all,

Hopefully someone can help....

I am used to using 2002 but am now using 2007. It all feels pretty much the same apart from a couple of things:-

1. When copying an item a specific distance multiple times, for example a rectangle copied 10 times in the X axis at 21.6785444mm I used to be able to type said distance then on the next one just press the 'Up' arrow to go through my list of commands to get that distance again. It seems I can't do that now, any ideas? Obviously I could use array I guess.

2. When shrinking the space that mtext takes up I used to be able to highlift it, grab a grip and shrink it down (not text size itself). I can still do this but now the text moves rather than stays in place and stretches.

Thanks for reading

Iain

Nestly recently posted (within the last 2-3 weeks) about getting your arrows back into play like you mentioned. If you search through his recent posts you could find it there.

The problem you are having shrinking mtext objects is related to the justification setting of the mtext in question. If they justify to the left, then they will get shorter without moving. Center justification is probably what is weirding you out with the text moving.

Good news, bad news. There is a solution!

As Nestly posted it, you will have to flip through about 200 posts to go back that far.

By the time you're through though, you'll know a lot more about autocad! :thumbsup:

I just flipped through about 8 pages and didn't find it. :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

That actually doesn't sound familiar. I did recently post about using the Tab key to "autocomplete" partially typed commands.

The up/down arrows still work to cycle through recent input (INPUTHISTORYMODE) but I haven't found that to be useful since it seems to record clicks and absolute coords, rather than typed input. It may just be that I don't understand how to use it?

Nestly you're right, that is the problem that it records useless (in my opinion) information. All I want to do is to be able to run through typed history

its all about value of INPUTHISTORYMODE...15 is default and displays coords.

in help file are listed bitcode values from 0 to 8, and by combining it you can get any setting you like. for me, 14 works just fine :)

Good morning all,

2. When shrinking the space that mtext takes up I used to be able to highlift it, grab a grip and shrink it down (not text size itself). I can still do this but now the text moves rather than stays in place and stretches.

Thanks for reading

Iain

Set CENTERMT to 1, I am assuming your mtext is center justified.

its all about value of INPUTHISTORYMODE...15 is default and displays coords.

in help file are listed bitcode values from 0 to 8, and by combining it you can get any setting you like. for me, 14 works just fine :)

Morea, sorry I forgot that you had posted this very helpful tip. THIS is the one which I mistakenly attributed to Nestly. :beer:

Rkent to the rescue with yet another obscure sysvdlg option tweak, which I have quickly implemented, thanks. :beer: