How to create layout using scale on the drawing like maps in the Atlas...............

nbaryosef

How to create layout using scale on the drawing like maps in the Atlas,

i want to use the scale to figure out when i draw take a look on paper and i dont have the dimention stated on the drwaing i want to measure uisng measuring tape the wall from one side and the other and with and to figure out what will be actual size(real size).

here is the attacehed file

Room5InchWall.dwg

You draw your wall, full size, in model space. Then you can use the Distance command to measure it. Are you drawing in Imperial or Metric units?

i use Imperial, how ever i want to check it on paper after plotting it.

i want the contractor in the field to measure a wall with measuring tape on the (on the plot) and using the scale to figure out the dimestions that he is missing

Objects, like the wall, belong in model space. Your title block and border belong in your layout (formerly called paper space). A viewport is created in the layout. This is a "window" through which you view your model space objects. The viewport is given a scale (example - 1/4"=1'). When it comes time to print you do so from your layout. However, you do not use the scale of your viewport as the scale for plotting. Instead you plot at 1:1.

I hope you provide your contractor with a large enough print if you expect him to actually scale dimensions off of a drawing. I also hope you use a large enough scale on your viewport and your dimensions work out to be whole numbers. It is NOT recommended that contractors scale off dimensions from drawings. All necessary dimensions should be provided. A mistake in the field due to the inability to accurately scale a dimension could end up costing the contractor time and money and possible cost you future work from the contractor.