Line Weight of Walls

Marc5

Good Morning:

My boss wants me to make the most outside line of a walltype to be the heaviest pen. If I go to the properties of the wall and changethe boundary it changes the boundary of the item in the wall, each boundary independentfrom the other. Such as a wall made of the following: BRICK, AIR SPACE, SHEATHING,STUD AND GYPSUM BOARD. In this wall theexterior face of the brick and gypsum board need to be heavy. I cannot figure outhow to make this happen. Can what my boss wants be done?

Thanks,

Marc

Make sure shrink wrap is ticked on and change the thickness of it. Shrink wrap is basically a line drawn around the outside of the wall.

By the way you would probably get a better reply if you post it in the Architecture forum.

Tried it again. Shrink wrap is drawing a line around each wall part......both sides of brick, both sides of gypbd, etc.

I may be doing something wrong.

Marc5

Ok to test your wall, un-tick any style overrides. In the display properties turn off everything but the shrink wrap. You should now only see the outline of the overall wall. Remember when you go into display properties box you have to have selected the appropriate display representation i.e high detail or low detail whichever one you intend to use. I have to admit I'm self taught and still find it confusing.

Failing that post the a drawing with the wall in it and I'll have a look.

The thing is the boss wants ALL wall lines to appear - thin - except the outer most lines. He wants these to be heavy. In the example above he wants the exterior side of the brick to be heavy and the face of the gypbd to be heavy. I can make what you mention above work, but the interior wall lines are missing. The boss is from old school (board) and he has seen a REVIT drawing do want he wants. We are running ACAD ARCHITECTURE 2010 and I am trying to see if it will do want he is asking.

Thanks for the help. Anyother suggestions?

Marc5

Got it to work. From Autodesk Forum I received the following:

Is your 'air space' component actually part of the wall, or did you just leave a gap to represent it. For shrinkwrap to work your wall cannot have any gaps in it, so make sure to use a x" wide component for the air space.

My air space had a gap. Once closed, shrinkwrap works. Or it seems to be at the moment.

Thanks for your help and maybe we both learned something.

Have a good weekend.

Marc5

I've attached a file with 2 walls. There are both the same wall but with one I've turned on the shrink wrap and set it to yellow so it plots with a thicker line. If this isn't what you are trying to do could you explain in a bit more detail.

Sorry I didn't see your last post until I posted this one.

Drawing2.dwg