AutoCAD Multi Thread??????

Bartjacks

ive searched and searched and searched to try and find this out on my own. has any one heard if the 2013 releases of ACAD are multi thread or not? Im looking at a machine and just want to know if multi core processors are even worth it

• 9 months later...

You can enable multicore use on AutoCAD 2013 and below.

Type 'WHIPTHREAD' and enter 3. This will ensure that all CPU's are used to some degree.

Sorry for resurecting an old thread.

They are so close to one another most people using a fairly new computer wouldn't notice the difference not for the bulk of the work being done out there.

They are so close to one another most people using a fairly new computer wouldn't notice the difference not for the bulk of the work being done out there.

I think there was a thread with this debate wasn't there? I think a there was a comment along the lines of "Rather have 4 cores mildly flunctuating than a core that can't handle it"...?

You can enable multicore use on AutoCAD 2013 and below.

Type 'WHIPTHREAD' and enter 3. This will ensure that all CPU's are used to some degree.

Sorry for resurecting an old thread.

One cup over the line?

As I recall ReMark was the one who first posted this suggestion, in a bygone era, when it was still deemed to make a difference.

Back when computers were still all new and mysterious. :D

One cup over the line?

As I recall ReMark was the one who first posted this suggestion, in a bygone era, when it was still deemed to make a difference.

Back when computers were still all new and mysterious. :D

I never claimed to have come up with the inital suggestion! :lol:

I never claimed to have come up with the inital suggestion! :lol:

I didn't mean to suggest that you had, merely that ReMark is pretty familiar with the concept. :)

And 'one cup over the line' was my guess at what the icon gag in your signature might mean.

ReMark at 7:00 a.m your time must be on your 4th or 5th of your daily quota of 10 cups, I should think. :coffee:

I didn't mean to suggest that you had, merely that ReMark is pretty familiar with the concept. :)

And 'one cup over the line' was my guess at what the icon gag in your signature might mean.

ReMark at 7:00 a.m your time must be on your 4th or 5th of your daily quota of 10 cups, I should think. :coffee:

Dw, I trust ReMark's judgement. :)

My signature's a Geek (Me) with a crudely made Pot on his head, ha ha!

Bet you didn't see that one coming!

Edited by PotGuy
Signature answer!

• 2 months later...