What happened to my right mouse button?

tgautocad

I have looked at many of threads, but I did not see the resolution for getting my right mouse button back to normal.

this was in a thread I followed and it summed up what I have best. I use Autocad 2009, I'm a Cad newbee, and I appear to have somehow messed up my right click short-cut menu settings. Before, I could right-click and get all of the edit options (delete, move, rotate, draw order, properties, select similar, etc.). I could get these options whether an object was selected or not. Now, my options are the "default" ones (Repeat, Pan, Zoom, Quick calc, etc, to name a few).

How do you reset the defaults of the mouse buttons?

PS I hate being a beginner.

thanks for your help.:?

Welcome to the forum!

You can fix that in your OPTIONS (right click inside your commandline) > USER PREFERENCES > RIGHT CLICK CUSTOMIZATION.

I like to set mine up so that I can use my right click to either ENTER, or access the SHORTCUT MENUS, so I use the time sensitive right click option. :)

We all started from scratch, don't be disheartened, enjoy the climb.

right click settings.JPG

thanks it worked. I also found under the options option the profile tab it has a reset . It is challenge, but an enjoyable one.:)

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue, but changing the settings in the options is NOT helping.

I can no longer select an object, right click and get the modify submenu to display.

any suggestions?