Moving licenses and expired license

Epicurwin

EDIT: Just incase people are trying to help me out, I got everything sorted out now. Our subsription actually lasted long enough in 2011 for use to get 1 copy of 2012 and two of 2011. I'll leave the two working copies of 2010 and 2007 on the old computers just incase we have overflow. Getting hold of the reseller was a quick fix.

We're getting new computers and I'm preparing to move the licenses for AutoCAD 2010 from the old machines to the new which are not here yet. I have two questions.

I haven't used the new system for transfering licenses. I watched this video on OTL.

It mentions that you have to upload the license to your autodesk account. We cancelled our subscription with autodesk several years ago. Can we have an user account with autodesk without having a subsription.

One of the computers that has 2010 on it hasn't been used for a while, so I set it up and tried to open AutoCAD 2010 to see if it was still on the machine. I got a message that the license has expired and is asking for an activation code. Why has this happened on this computer? Can I still use this copy when the new computers get here? Should I just leave this computer alone since it doesn't have a license and install the copy on the new machine like it was a brand new copy? I try to get a new activation code and it said that the serial number isn't valid but it is what is on the programs box. What's going on here?

Edited by Epicurwin

I believe your 2010 license has already upgraded to newer version, and you can't use it anymore. That's why you get not valid warning. Contact your reseller and ask your license status.

Your license on old computer might be broken because of two things: system date changed or major hardware changes. But don't worry, once you get your latest product, you can install and activate it on new computer. Just forget the old one.

We stopped our subsription with the reseller. I think maybe we upgraded one of the 2010 to 2011, because the one on the old computer is the only 2010 not working. As far as we're concerned the latest product for us is three 2010 or two 2010 and one 2011, although I can't find a disk for 2011.

EDIT: Just incase people are trying to help me out, I got everything sorted out now. Our subsription actually lasted long enough in 2011 for use to get 1 copy of 2012 and two of 2011. I'll leave the two working copies of 2010 and 2007 on the old computers just incase we have overflow. Getting hold of the reseller was a quick fix.

Edited by Epicurwin