Mtext problems in 2009

feargt

Has anyone expereinced problems when using mtext in 2009, a co worker has a problem whereby when she wants to edit mtext and then autocad crashes. She had also complained that autocad was running generally slow so I thought maybe it had something to do with the scales in the drawing. I ran the scalelistedit command to remove scales but that does not seem to have worked.

Has anyone any ideas?

This is a long shot (re: slow running) but here goes. Maybe it is a case of too many unused/unreferenced registered applications or Regapps in the drawing. I just checked a drawing we got from a landscape architectural firm and found 19 unreferenced Regapps.

At the command line type -purge and press Enter. AutoCAD will return the following prompt: "Enter type of unused objects to purge:". One of the options in the long list of objects available for purging will be Regapps. You could just check it without actually pruging anything by accepting the default .

Other things to consider when troubleshooting a "slow" responding AutoCAD 2009 include -

-Close Layer Manager (if it is open during an editing session).

-Turning hardware acceleration off.

-Dock both the Ribbon and the Command line. Don't let them "float".

-Set Quick Properties to "0".

-Check your paths if you are working with files over a network.

FYI:

That drawing I mentioned. It was 1.7MB prior to purging just the Regapps. Now it is 902KB. And I have yet to purge any blocks, layers, linetypes or text styles.