How can I Count arrayed objects?

asos2000

I have an attribute in my DBs with a formula field. The fomula is Distance(parameter)/width (of array). There are a couple of problems with this though.

If you type anything in the attribute field the link gets broken - even typing in the original formula. This is eased by setting ATTREQ = 0 to stop the dialogue box appearing on insertion of the block.

The field only gets updated with a regen. Simple to cure but can catch you out if you're not ready for it.

Check my attached file as its easier to observe than explain.

TerminalGroup-SAKR.dwg

A temper solution I did

drawn a line Length= 1

creat strech action chained to th array action and the Distance maltiplier = 1/the arryed distance

I'm now able to look at your block but I'm not sure what you are doing. Can you explain it a bit please.

Also you have a few yellow exclaimation marks in the editor - this means that you have put a parameter in place but haven't assigned an action to it.

at first thanx for your attention

- For the yellow exclaimation marks, I added a dummy Parameters to get some length whech we using in laoding design

- For the lenght What i want, I am doing a that DB the draw a panel width is 1200mm the height is varies

I made the array and strech all is ok

what im asking about is, suppose I srtreched that DB 4500 it means there are 3 panels equals and one panel 900 mm

Is there a way to get the palance?

Regards

I can now see your problem but I can't see a solution. Ideally we need to use an integer function in the formula as all we want is

remainder = length - 1200 * INT(length/1200)

but I can't get INT to work. I have tried a few ways to try and leave a dimension that can be measured but can't get it to work.