understanding this...

alex306

ok guys im getting stuck on the tutorial like an idiot

i have the coding (attached and it says :- [CHECKING TEXT Example 2 drawing a beam further development more added.lsp loading...]

; error: malformed list on input

; Check done.

how do i find where this error is? because i cant seem to find it :/

thanks for all the resources and help, at the moment I'm just getting familiar with what the codes mean.. like osmode referring to snap point (that's correct right?) i hope so otherwise Im doomed :(

Example 2 drawing a beam further development more added.lsp

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MSasu

• alex306

• BIGAL

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

could it be that im loading it in to auto cad incorrectly? I'm doing it through autolisp then going to tools check text in editor and then it says that error... I'm currently going through the load autolisp files guide on the afralisp website.... the way i have been told to load a file is to type in APPLOAD then locate my file and then it tells me its loaded successfully. but then the code i just posted says "error malformed list on input... i seem to be more of a novice than i thought, i was up till late last night writing out the tutorial :/

First, fix the code on the line indicated by BIGAL; you have 4 errors on that single line – check by comparing it with just the one above.

Second, may just remove at all the use of BLIPMODE system variable – is quite obsolete those days, and is set to 0 by default anyway.

There are errors too on those lines:

(setq p7 (polar p6 (dtr 270.0) (-hb nd)))
…
(setq p13 (polar p12 (dtr 90.0) (-hb nd)))
…
(setq p17 (polar p18 (dtr 90.0) wt))

I will let you discover those since will be better for your learning.

The above are errors that prevent the routine to draw, will your task to find and fix by yourself the result on screen.

Regarding the load of your routine – the APPLOAD solution is not wrong, but will be difficult to use while debugging. Is intended to load done routines for drafting usage.

I hope you are using the VLEditor to write your code – then just use the tools that it provides. You will find that there is a button to (1) load your code in AutoCAD, another one to (2) validate the syntax of the code and another one to (3) check the value of a variable – use those for beginning to debug your code.

vled.GIF

Now you are able to see the risks involved by writing a big piece of code instead of testing it in small units.

You have been pointed some syntax errors above, fix them and focus later to the remaining logical one (hope to figure it by yourself).