Customizing "dimdiameter"

NoelStalker

Hello helpful people,

I would like to customize the "dimdiameter" command so that it looks like the "leader" command with a straight line "tail" that comes off of the arrow that points to the center of the circle. Am I making sense? Does anyone know how to do this?

What I don't like about the "dimdiameter" command is how the text appears diagonal rather than horizontal.

jaylo,

oops - one more question. How do I make that my default so I don't have to change that variable with every drawing?

Thanks!

If you dont already use them your going to have to use dim styles. If you do already use dim styles than just modify the ones you have or create one called "dimdiamterXX" which you would use just for that purpose. The XX could reflect whatever scale you are using to dim with, unless you dim in model space as that would be a moot point.

jaylo,

oops - one more question. How do I make that my default so I don't have to change that variable with every drawing?

Thanks!

anything you want to be your default for all future new drawings should be changed in your template file - typically acad.dwt for imperial or acadiso.dwt for metric.

jaylo - that definitely works. Unfortunately, it also changes my dimlinear text to be horizontal. I only want to change my dimdiameters to be horizontal.

You will want to make a child style under the parent style just for diameter. So highlight the style you are using now in the dim manager, pick new, leave the first two lines alone, go to the bottom of that dialog and pick dia dimensions, continue and edit the areas you want, this will only affect dia dims.