2D map - height of terrain to 3D

wishgranter

can say Acad 2013 - but have friend on uni they have a lot of sw at disposal..... so if is there a way just need to know....

Hello. im downloaded the Autocad MAP 3D 2013 - trial - can help to get the data to 3D terain ? im trying to find tutorial on net but without luck. can upload the file.....

Generally, uploading a file with pertinent geometry is the best way to generate interest. Perhaps even post as a standard DWG, as well as a an AutoCAD Map file.

When possible, post the files here. No need for links.

As I recall, members need to have at least 10 posts (not including posts in the Community section) to upload files.

That file requires some work.

The contours have no differentiation to allow automation. Map 3D may have tools to help the process; I don’t have Map, so I can’t say for certain.

I can say that standard AutoCAD does not have the necessary tools, and I’d be surprised if there are any available custom applications.

The situation may be such that the only recourse is to set each contour’s elevation by hand (see Elevation in the properties palette).

Once those contours are correctly positioned, though, there are a couple of possibilities to generate a 3D surface.

hmmm, yes, that option is aviable even in ACAD, can get manualy. im searched for some automation - is there a way to set something as quick preferences - just to change height - mean im click and just enter the height ?

The process isn’t too bad via the Properties Palette, just select the poly and set the elevation. You will have to determine the elevation for the intermediate contours.

ViaProperties.jpg

OK and THANX....... time consuming process..... here is a sample of the photogrametry data, is not at full res generated, from airplane we got under 10cm precision. now we have from ground shooted so we can get under 1cm precision.

After a little more thought, I’ll guess that you are already aware of that process. Conceivably, something similar was used for that youtube posting.

The process looks like it includes a lot of vegetation data that is not necessarily useful for the task you need to address.

Zes have tested few months back, but is limited on texture size and few other things, im using another sw package with sometimes unbelievable align outputs. the 123Catch cannot cope with this..... if ipeople interested can brig few thigs.... on the video that is linked here is our channel with few other examples...... and Catch cannot be used in "commercial" work..... but is a GOOD starting point for people ionterested in photogrametry. The older sw like Photomodeler cannot cope with this solution.....

Hello. im downloaded the Autocad MAP 3D 2013 - trial - can help to get the data to 3D terain ? im trying to find tutorial on net but without luck. can upload the file.....

AutoCAD Civil3D would be the better app to do what you need. If you try the trial version look at the tutorials on creating civil3d surfaces, and post in the Civil3d/LDD forums for help.