layer states between drawings

jtb503

I tried searching this and couldnt find anything, maybe i am searching the wrong thing but heres my issue hopefully someone can help.

I am currently working on a drawing which will eventually become the civil base of an entire planset. The issue is that we can only have certain objects show up when we send the drawing off. I am doing all of the engineering within the drawing, but the cad person needs to do work with the layers to get them set up correctly.

She decided to do a save as and work with the new drawing setting it up and then trying to work between the two getting the right layer standards within the right drawing. Is there a way she could set everything up in the other drawing and then import the layer states into my drawing?

The response around the office is that there is a way only no one knows how to do it. We are working in Land Desktop 09. Thanks

thanks for the help i just tried that and it worked out really well. (although i didnt perform it in my actual drawing i just used two test drawings) Another quick question, is there a way that when it imports it also imports the states the layers are in a certain viewport? say i have 10 layout tabs and all have different layer management within the viewports.