volumes don't seem right

dirtlegg

I have created a surface from contours for a tank containment area. I need the volume up to a certain elevation. The results i am getting have some fill volume and some cut volume...how can this be???? Autocad 2002 today.

working on a different computer...had to do this in 2002 with eaglepoint. i have done this before with good results...but now i get a cut and a fill??

How about just posting what you got instead of recreating the wheel? Personally, I might have gone with lofting the contours and creating solids but I am in no position to say whether or not that idea is any better than yours. Heck, I thought YOU were the expert here not me. LoL

A tank containment area. You must have created a berm right?

Is the site fairly level?

I suppose, without seeing what you have to work with, I would have drawn the centerline of the containment berm and a profile of the berm itself. I would have used the Sweep command and swept this profile along the path represented by the centerline. With not much effort I could have obtained the shape and volume of the contained area.

Edited by ReMark

Containment Berm.jpg

My containment berm created as a solid (brown). The interior volume depicted in greenish color.

Having a copy of your drawing would be a big help to us.