Auto Regen

Lazer

Got asked a question today while doing a demo and while zooming in and out he said "does autocad not have an auto regen", I said "O thats a good question I don't know? it could not be done in version before 2005 I think but maybe now in later versions it can be done i.e 2007". so i'll ask the question to my fellow friends, is there an anyway to get autocad to auto regen as you zoom in and out on the drawing?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lazer

• tzframpton

• zars

• PotGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wondered the same once, but never did a research about it, if anyone knows the answer it would be really useful for some of us.

Greets, Alex.

set the AUTOREGEN variable to 1.

I think StykFacE means the variable REGENAUTO. But first make sure that the REGENMODE variable is set to 1.

HAHAHAHA i was just joking around... i was waiting for someone to post and say "hey that doesn't work, what am i doing wrong?" haha man that was funny.... didnt know there was such a thing. lol

set the AUTOREGEN variable to 1.

I think StykFacE means the variable REGENAUTO. But first make sure that the REGENMODE variable is set to 1.

Jokes aside, ok tried this but didnt auto regen as I zoomed in still zagged lines on a circle and had to manual regen. What do these commands do?

Edit: there both default settings.

HAHAHAHA i was just joking around... i was waiting for someone to post and say "hey that doesn't work, what am i doing wrong?" haha man that was funny.... didnt know there was such a thing. lol

I was about to do it, when I noticed there was another post then I read it and I got :o

Well, good1 Styk. 8)

:cry: :bloodshot: not taken serious on this board im never comming back ever ever again, no wonder I dont ask many questions........ :P :P :P

LOL sorry man, i just had to cut loose... long day at the office i guess today 8)

and you know too much to leave, i would hate to see that!!! haha...

try going to options, display tab, and under the display resolution, change the # for arc and circle smoothness to 10000.

hope that helps.

• 7 years later...

Try this,

Options->Display->Display Resolution, set them to (From the top) 1000, 1000,0.5,1000.

I did this before and everything seems to work a lot better. I'm not sure if it's actually automatically regenerating OR if each circle and polyline has more segments, there for it doesn't break up.

Edited by DraftyOne
Better solution

Try this,

Options->Display->Display Resolution, set them to (From the top) 100, 100,0.5,100.

I did this before and everything seems to work a lot better. I'm not sure if it's actually automatically regenerating OR if each circle and polyline has more segments, there for it doesn't break up.

DraftyOne - welcome to the forum. FYI, you just resurrected a thread that hasn't been active in seven years. Please remain aware of the post dates.

:)

Jokes aside, ok tried this but didnt auto regen as I zoomed in still zagged lines on a circle and had to manual regen. What do these commands do?

Edit: there both default settings.

Regenmode set to 1 will get you a regen within certain commands, such as draworder. If set to 0, the draworder will not change on the display until a regen command is executed.

I don't have a regenauto in LT, but I remember in full version 2007, there was apparently a variable that if set the right way would execute a regen when changing spaces or layouts. Can't remember it. 2007 was new at the time I used it for an employer. I do remember that we had it turned off, because the regen would make it take several wasted seconds to change layouts in some larger drawings.

Regenmode set to 1 will get you a regen within certain commands, such as draworder. If set to 0, the draworder will not change on the display until a regen command is executed.

I don't have a regenauto in LT, but I remember in full version 2007, there was apparently a variable that if set the right way would execute a regen when changing spaces or layouts. Can't remember it. 2007 was new at the time I used it for an employer. I do remember that we had it turned off, because the regen would make it take several wasted seconds to change layouts in some larger drawings.

You can set this on the SYSTEM tab in OPTIONS, there is no named System Variable for it. :beer:

layout regen options.JPG

As far as I am aware, no. It isn't that hard to type regen though. I might do it half a dozen times a week if that unless I am working on a huge file or complex geometry.