Opening 2007 DWG in 2004LT

Jen305

Hey,

We are regularly receiving DWG's saved in 2007 version, and most of the staff in our office have 2004LT, i have 2009 therefore I am the one who has to open and re-save all the drawings.

I tried downloading DWG Gateway but this does not support LT.

Does anyone know a Plug-in, which will work with 2004LT?

Cheers.

So you are just trying to find a way the rest of your staff can open a 2007 AutoCAD drawing and save it in 2004 format for editing with 2004LT? You don't want to be the sole "go to" person for these conversions. Right? Why is that? Do you get that many 2007 drawings in a given week? Where do these files come from? Can't the source of the files save them in 2004 format before sending them off to your firm?

So you are just trying to find a way the rest of your staff can open a 2007 AutoCAD drawing and save it in 2004 format for editing with 2004LT? You don't want to be the sole "go to" person for these conversions. Right? Why is that? Do you get that many 2007 drawings in a given week? Where do these files come from? Can't the source of the files save them in 2004 format before sending them off to your firm?

Pretty much yeah I don’t want to be the go to person, Also we receive allot in 2007 from our main clients who refuse to change their settings to 2000DWG which takes like 2 seconds but oh well.

I’m downloading True View, Will give that ago, cheers.

In fairness to your clients, I usually refuse to save down. I have had no end of problems where links have been broken and dynamic blocks have stopped working as somebody else saved down over the original.