OSNAPS turned off when some commands are used. WHY?!?

I've never understood the logic behind this, but why in the world do commands like MVSETUP and SOLVIEW turn off your snap settings? What would the possible benefit be for not having snaps on? Every time I use those commands, I have to turn the snaps back on and reselect what snaps I want. It gets really annoying and I'm hoping someone here can enlighten me. Is it a bug, or did Autodork do this intentionally?

I think coz its part of the command script already, it resets the OSMODE to 0 or boolean to switch all snaps off.

this commonly happens when you prematurely end the MVSETUP command( eg. while in the middle of rotating a viewport you press ESC). you could just avoid this by finishing the MVSETUP command sequence correctly.

No, it pretty much turns off as soon as you start the command. I type MVSETUP, hit enter and snaps are off. Same with SOLVIEW. Granted the snaps turn back on AFTER the command is completed, but it's frustrating when you're trying to align something, or specify a rotation point with the snaps being off.

Anyway to change it?

Yes your OSMODE is reset to 0 once you start the command but it is returned to its previous state after you finish the command as Ive mentioned, just dont end the command prematurely. sorry but I think there's no way to change it. Ive tried to locate the script of the MVSETUP command to try to edit the OSMODE in its script but I had no luck.

an easy way to keep from frustrating yourself would be to memorize your OSMODE. each combination of snap settings is a corresponding number in OSMODE (mine is set to OSMODE ).

so just enter OSMODE to check w/c combination you are using, and everytime it is reset, just type in OSMODE> (your OSMODE number)

to return to its previos state instead of having to use the snap settings dialog box

My guess as to why the osnap settings are being modified and set during the command is AutoCAD is modifying and manipulating the geometry while performing it's operations.

If you happened to have a snap set to endpoint or midpoint then as the command is constructing a side view from a top view, side view geometry may very well end up being positioned and overlaying the top view. In fact if the snaps are not set to nothing it could really cause chaos. You wouldn't care for that now right?