Material Maps Missing- MAX2012

rickhebert

Hello,

My company just installed 2021 Design Suite, which includes 3dsMax along with Inventor

I am very familiar (not expert) with Max 2010, but I do not have problems using or manipulating Materials.

I want to take Inventor models into Max, which works great! And I am trying to render these models with Standard material maps.

The problem is that first... I had to track down the .mat library and put it in the path to have access to it, but I have not had any luck finding the maps, ie. all the .jpg images used for standard materials.

Example... I wanted to use the good old Metal Chrome material, and I cannot find lakerem.jpg anywhere on my computer!

It seems the material libraries are not installed properly or are not properly mapped to my 3dsMax paths. I have searched in My Documents, Program Files, and the Users folders and ended up downloading a copy from the web after a Google Image search, but I really shouldn't have to go through all this with a Licensed install.

I am also waiting for my IT guy to respond, and will post back if I find a solution

Thank you.

Yes I came to this website yesterday and grabbed the .MAT they offer, and it got me going a little bit and it has Materials but it has no Maps, ie. the bitmaps..

Do you know where I might find those for the Standard Materials?

I have done Google searches to no avail.

Thanks