Steel reinforcement bars quantity survey lisp to table

Salama

Dear ymg3,

I got the problem reason source.I have uploaded reinforcementA.dwg and told you delimit doesnt work for %%o%%c%%o but you said it works and for proof you sent kutty.dwg And lisp really works as I see.Now interesting part is same lisp works with kutty.dwg but doesnt work for ReinforcenentA.dwg although both of them are same drawing.So I understood lisp works well when you save autocad file at your computer.And I couldnt find difference between kutty.dwg and ReinforcementA.dwg

I think its about your Autocad version. I cant find any else reason.Because I have tried at different 3 pc..Whats your Autocad version?

Same.Very interesting.Even I have changed all funny characters with lisp,it doesnt work.When I open your drawing even without need to replace characters, it works well.Bad luck for me

• 2 months later...

Hi there.

I am working on ymg3's great lisp to adapt my own rebar format (approx 1 hour) but i just couldn't manage to do it. Can anyone help me? I am very sorry to ask for your time guys but this lisp will help me alot for my daily office work. Thanks in advance.

kunekainen_rebar.dwg

Try with these setting:

(setq unitwgtl   european w/u "(kg/m)" w "(kg)" u "(m)" id (chr 131))    ; Kunekainen's Case
   ;(setq unitwgtl   canadian w/u "(kg/m)" w "(kg)" u "(m)" id "M")	      ;
   ;(setq unitwgtl   usmetric w/u "(kg/m)" w "(kg)" u "(m)" id "#")	      ;
   ;(setq unitwgtl usimperial w/u "(lb/ft)" w "(lbs)" u "(ft)" id "#")       ;
   ;(setq unitwgtl usimperial w/u "(lb/ft)" w "(lbs)" u "(ft)" id "\"")      ;

(setq titles '("POS" "SHAPE" "DIAM." "NUMBER" "SPACING" "LENGTH"))
   ;(setq titles '("POS" "DESCRIPTION" "TYPE" "DIAM." "NUMBER"  "LENGTH"))

; Width of each Column titles Expressed as a multiple of colw             ;
    (setq titwidth '(0.5 3 1 1 1 1))

; Titles data gives position of data in barl for each titles column       ;
   ; If nil is entered at a position the column will be kept blank,          ;
   ; except for first column.  A nil there means position numbers do not     ;
   ; exist, so the program will generate them.                               ;

(setq  titdata '(nil nil 2 1 3 4))   ; Kunekainen's case                 ;
   ;(setq  titdata '(nil nil nil 2 1 3)) ; Yoni's case                       ;

(setq colw 12
   rowh 6
   delimit (list (chr 131) "/" "l=")    ; Kunekainen's case           ;
  ;delimit (list (chr 216) "\"" "L=")   ; Yoni's case.                ;
   positem (car titdata)   
   posnumb 1   ; 1 for Original		1 Yoni's 
   posdiam 2   ; 2 for Original		2 Yoni's 
   poslgth 4   ; 3 for Original		3 Yoni's 
   datwidth (apply '+ titwidth)
    )

You will still have the prolem of your length being in mm,

they should be in meter

Would like to throw a question out to everyone involved in this thread...

What is the main goal of this program? To calculate the lines drawn as reference to rebar? To reinforce a slab there is a lot more to it than just drawing lines and adding up lengths to calculate weight. There is upper and lower reinforcement, perimeter bars and hairpins that hold it all together. You need to be aware of bending roller sizes and concrete classes. What about bent forms?

IMHO, a reinforcement drawing deals with a certain building element, in this case a slab and should have a structural position. Is it being reinforced in just one direction (alog X or Y axis) or in two (both X and Y directions)?

LibertyOne,

This program merely help to revise and taulates annotations in a rebar drawing.

It does not pretend to design rebar.

ymg

LibertyOne,

This program merely help to revise and taulates annotations in a rebar drawing.

It does not pretend to design rebar.

ymg

Thanks for the reply. I used to make rebar drawings. One thing that could really help the program is to number the form of the rebar. This would allow several forms that are the same but inserted in different areas to be counted together. Stirrups in beams is one good example.

bewehrung.PNG

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a very old thread did you do some searching for "rebar". The problem is that people draw the rebar differently, there may not be a one size all fits. YMG3 may respond as its his code he will have a better idea if your dwg will work with his code.

Neither the OP or YMG3 have been around for a couple of years. Maybe they are still subscribed to this thread.

hassan2018, what have you tried so far? Have you read through all of the instructions for setting up your drawing?

• 6 years later...
On 6/16/2012 at 4:40 PM, Salama said:

hi ,

this lisp is modified to calculate the quantity of steel bars as it placed on the plan of reinforcement in the form shown on the attached cad file named : steel.dwg

lisp name and command : steel

hope you joy it .

and step by step together we improve it to fit what we want to do.

steel.dwg 60.19 kB · 979 downloads

steel.LSP 26.69 kB · 907 downloads

Hi  @Salama,

I know it's been quite some time since the beginning of this thread, but recently I got interested in this topic and came across your files. I downloaded the files "steel.dwg" and "steel.LSP" and saved them on my computer. I encountered errors like the ones in the picture. (Unfortunately, I have the Polish version of AutoCAD.) I'm not sure if the reason for this is that I have AutoCAD 2023 version? Are you able to help me with what I should change?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and response.

Zrzut ekranu 2024-03-12 135328.png

Edited by anetalaszewska

@anetalaszewska I cannot read what the errors are, but I suspect it is because this program is in english and doesn't have the needed command modifiers to automatically convert the language. Try the attached version; I went though and added all the international command modifiers. I don't know exactly what this program does, but it runs without errors at the moment.

steel.LSP