Edit standard blocks and symbols (MEP 2012)

sinbad92

Hey I am struggling to edit the standard set of blocks that comes with AutoCAD such as receptacles junction boxes etc. I want to edit the standard blocks and then save my changes for future use. Right now the blocks come in at different sizes then I would like. I try to edit them in the block editor however the changes I make do not apply to any other or new drawings that I make. Please help me, any and all help would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you!

I have attached an image of the differing symbols and sizes. I want them to be consistently sized.

Example.jpg

Edited by sinbad92
Attached image

I sounds like you are editing the blocks that are stored in the files you are working on using the block editor. You need to open the .dwg files in the block library and edit those for use in other files.

Where are the block library files located? If they are the same files I was opening before, C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/MEP2012/enu/MEPConten/USI/Electrical/Devices/....then the file I wanna edit...nothing shows up in either paper space or model space. :(