How to add a new cabletray size to the library

Ravenstown

I need to add 30" wide cabletray but it is not an option. the library skips from 24" to 36". How do you add a new size option to an existing library?

When I open the Catalog Editor, no catalogs are open and I didn't know where to look for the cabletray catalog. I searched thru windows explorer for it but no luck. is it as simple as adding a new size once the catalog is found? What folder are the catalogs located in?

For AutoCAD MEP 2012, my directory is located here:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2012\enu\MEPContent\USI\Cable Tray

Just browse while you're in the Catalog Editor and browse to this location (respective to AMEP 2013 of course). A tip, copy/paste the Cable Tray (US Imperial).apc file to any location you choose just to have a backup copy in case things go haywire. Not trying to scare you, but precaution is always best. :)

OK, found it and made a copy for safe keeping. Once in the file I went to the type of cabletray that I am using (ladder flange out) and added a cell with 30" between the 24" and 36" in all the "constant lists" plus copied the 24" elbow file and saved it as 30" elbow and made the appropriate changes.

I tried saving, migrating, regenerating & testing the file but no luck having 30" show up as an option.

Actually every time I regenerated the file, all my 30" enteries disappeared. So I re-entered everything numerous times.

Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?

• 2 months later...

I tried saving, migrating, regenerating & testing the file but no luck having 30" show up as an option. Actually every time I regenerated the file, all my 30" enteries disappeared. So I re-entered everything numerous times.

Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?