ACAD 2012 - MACRO SYNTAX to display " Hatch" Dialog Box ?

Hello,

I just upgraded to 2012 from 2010. Loaded my .cuix from 2010, switched to my workspace and away I go . . . Except . . .

My HATCH command from my customized tool bar is not working the way it used to.

The macro used in 2010 : ^C_BHATCH

In 2010, this macro just displayed the "Hatch Dialog Box".

In 2012, the same macro returns "Pick internal point or [select objects/seTtings]:" Entering "T" displays the dialog box.

"Oh . . . a simple fix . . ." I thought.

So I changed the macro from "^C_BHATC" to "^C_BHATCH;T". It didn't work. Instead of displaying the hatch dialog box the command line shows a bunch of selections. I tried - ^CBHATCH;T - ^CHATCH;T . . . Same result, no dialog box.

I just want my "Hatch" tool bar button to just display the "Hatch Dialog Box".

The STRANGE thing is, when a macro is written, it is supposed be JUST LIKE typing it in. When I type "escape" - "hatch" - "enter" - "T" - "enter" . . . the "Hatch Dialog Box" is displayed. In 2012, typing "hatch", "bhatch" and "_bhatch" return identical results. All my EDITED macro mirrors what I type into the command line . . . Unless something changed in 2012 that I'm not aware of.

What is the COMMAND to display the "Hatch and Gradient" dialog box ?

The other ANNOYANCE with using HATCH command in 2012 . . . If my cursor hover over ANY area that is "enclosed", the "hatch preview" kicks in. If you have a sensitive mouse button, its WAAAAY too easy to hatch an unintended area.

Can the "hatch preview" be turned off ? What is the name of the system variable and its setting to turn it off ???

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Ed

RenderMan,

Guys... The legacy hatch dialog will not display whilst the Ribbon is open, as the Contextual Hatch Tab is activated. One must close the ribbon (RIBBONCLOSE) in order to use the legacy Command.

Good to know . . . Regarding the "Contextual Hatch Tab" in the Ribbon area . . . I don't see it. How do I get to it ? If it does the same thing as the "dialog box", I may prefer to use whats on the Ribbon. I would assume I can move / copy it to my main Ribbon via "Cui dialog box" ??

Thanks

Ed

A contextual tab is only displayed during a command or a selection that would benefit from the options being made available (hence the context).

To see this tab simply display the ribbon tool palette via the RIBBON command (if it's not already visible), then either via ribbon button, or command line, etc. start the HATCH command. Programmatically, the Hatch contextual tab is added to the ribbon. Based upon your settings the tab will either be given focus (I.e., become current), or simply load with a slight colored tint.

HTH

RenderMan,

I'm still confused.

When I enter the HATCH command, via tool bar / ribbon button or typing "hatch" in the command line . . . the "Contextual Hatch Tab" is supposed to APPEAR in the Ribbon Tab . . . right? But it doesn't. The Ribbon is always VISIBLE.

So . . . there is NO MACRO or COMMAND that will display the "Hatch" dialog box with the Ribbon visible . . . right?

In the previous versions, the addition of "_" (underscore) immediately in front of the "command name" in a macro suppressed displaying the associated dialog box. In version 2012, these "suppression character" is now ignored . . . correct?

In Version 2010 the same macro displayed the dialog box with the Ribbon visible. I really don't see the benefit for this change for 2012. It just makes customizing a big pain.

Ok . . . What do I need to do make the "Contextual Hatch Tab" appear in my Ribbon ? In the CUI dialog box, do I just drag it into the Ribbon area that is displayed on my screen OR do I drag or copy the entire "Contextual Tab State" into the ribbon area ??

I just want to display the "Hatch dialog box" or something with one click without having to check the command line for selection. Having to HAVE TO choose between Ribbon OR Dialog box is just plain dumb IMO.

Help

Thanks

Ed

Wow, there's a lot in that post of yours. LoL

Posting from an iPhone, so forgive the brevity of this post... In short, the dialog version of the hatch command is a legacy option, much the same as the dialog version of the Layer Manager (CLASSICLAYER), or the XREF (CLASSICXREF) commands.

Another item worth reiterating is the difference between entering the command name (HATCH) at the command line, and calling the command via LISP, macro, etc. Note the use of the INITDIA function in the code posted in the linked post.

Also, the purpose of a contextual tab is that it is automagically displayed when needed; while you can customize this, it works OOTB. If you have the Ribbon Tool Palette displayed, and start the HATCH command, the Hatch Tab is added to the Ribbon Tool Palette at the right, until the command is completed, or cancelled.

Have a look at the variable HPDLGMODE - it determines the use of the hatch dialogue box.

For the preview hatching, I think HPQUICKPREVIEW is what you need to tinker with.

JGA,

Have a look at the variable HPDLGMODE - it determines the use of the hatch dialogue box.

For the preview hatching, I think HPQUICKPREVIEW is what you need to tinker with.

Thank You - Thank You - Thank You !!!!!!

" HPDLGMODE " variable setting "1" is what I wanted. My "hatch" toolbar button works the way it used to.

Setting " HPQUICKPREVIEW " to "Off" turned off the annoying preview. Now the hatching commands work the way I'm used to.

These are Variables that I was not aware of or they are NEW to 2011 & 2012.

Thank You very much . . . You-da-Man !! :D:D:D

Thanks

Ed

JGA,

" HPDLGMODE " variable setting "1" is what I wanted. My "hatch" toolbar button works the way it used to.

Setting " HPQUICKPREVIEW " to "Off" turned off the annoying preview. Now the hatching commands work the way I'm used to.

I had this same problem when I upgraded a few years ago, maybe 2010-2011. I could never solve it so I ended up converting all my hatches onto the tool palette. I have never looked back, hatching from tool palette is far easier than dialog box if you use a fairly consistent set of hatches for your drawings.

In saying that, JGA's comment was news to me, so I am implementing that now also.

JGA, will HPDLGMODE affect my workstation's display of the Hatch Contextual Ribbon? I have seen it on other workstations, but never on mine. I cannot for the life of me work out how to restore it to my CUI.