101 Autodesk Inventor productivity tips

Pablo Ferral

I don't just work with Inventor - CAD is also my hobby.

I recently had a bit of time free, so I looked through the archives of some of my favourite Inventor bloggers. I learned a lot!

I out together over a 100 of my favourite tips here:

http://cadsetterout.com/inventor-tutorials/101-autodesk-inventor-productivity-tips/

I hope that you get as much out of them as I did!

Paul.

Thanks Pablo - I've been trying to figure out how to use a curve for a pattern for YEARS.

Ha. you should have asked.

Well yeah, but that would have been the easy way to do it. When have I ever picked the easy way?

(Also, I just never thought to ask. It hasn't been a really pressing issue, just one that would have made things easier a few times.)

Well yeah, but that would have been the easy way to do it. When have I ever picked the easy way?

(Also, I just never thought to ask.

Haven't you read this? http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

Isn't it in there?

or here

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2007/MA105-1L%20Mather.pdf

(I didn't go through Paul's list. Am I missing something that maybe I should check out?)

Last time I looked at those was probably 2009 or so, when I was first learning Inventor. It probably is in there, and shame on me for not having thoroughly dog-eared and marked up copies of them at my desk.

Well as I said - I didn't take the time to go through Paul's list, so if I miss something - shame on me.

But if you happen to see something you think I should definately take a look at please post the precise url.

I don't have time right now to go through an extensive list.

(I didn't go through Paul's list. Am I missing something that maybe I should check out?)

JD - Probably not, I deliberately picked 'tips & tricks' rather than in depth tutorials or master classes. You probably know most of this stuff already...

You might find some of Curtis Waguspack's iLogic tips interesting...

Paul

You might find some of Curtis Waguspack's iLogic tips interesting...

Paul

Bookmarked your list.

I haven't gotten into iLogic very much.

I spend about a week on it (2 - 2.5 hr classes) and am always looking for examples.

My class came up with some good examples of their own after the lectures. But I didn't have time to investigate their solutions other than to veryify that they worked (or didn't). Hope I can remember to review this when that lecture week rolls around again.