yew1986

While using the new version of autodesk software, I facing several problems:-

1. Lag while selecting the plan to sketch causing selecting wrong plane.

- computer spec (8gb ram, firepro v4800, intel xeon)

2. While using constrain to assemble parts, the preview didn't show even I check the "show preview" check box.

3. Change the part's appearance in assembly, but the part's appearance in .ipt didn't change.

4. The "rules" can't function well for complex machine. 1st time run is fine but after save and then open again it occur error.

- example, the part should be hide but still show out in main assembly but sub assmbly already hide. [Feel weird because 3d should be link together each other]

5. Using paste special to paste the excel table into .dwg file to sustain the link but if the table to big ,the table in drawing will miss some data.

- example, I copy the table from range a1 to v9 but the thing paste out just a1 to s9.

That some of the problems I facing. Anyone have face same problems and have solution. Please help and thank you.

There are another question I would like to ask because I just start using this software. So there is many things I don't know,

1. What is Level of Detail? usage?

2. Don't have auto dimension function for creating dimension for drawing?

3. Ipart will auto generate out the configurate part file?

4. Can not use rule to control the ipart? Like changing it's length.

4. Can I extrude parameter data from the rule or ipart configuration setting to excel file?

5. This is the right software for a machine while many variation?

Previously, I am using solidworks and feel that solidworks in 3d model look like more advance than inventor.

Thank you in advance. :D

How much training did you get with SolidWorks?

How much training did you get with Inventor? (doesn't sound like much)

Inventor is a professional program and deserves (requires?) a professional level of training.

I learned SolidWorks while I studied in University. So I am more familiar with it.

I just start learning/use Inventor around two months. I learn it from internet and also tutorials.

SolidWorks and Inventor are almost similar software.

One of the advantage for Inventor is it's a product from Autodesk, it should work well with AutoCAD.

So which software is better from your view? Why?

Inventor got 2D motion simulation? I know SolidWorks got.

Thank you.

While using the new version of autodesk software, I facing several problems:-

1. Lag while selecting the plan to sketch causing selecting wrong plane.

- computer spec (8gb ram, firepro v4800, intel xeon)

Something is wrong with your computer or your install.

Did you install with anti-virus and UAC turned off?

Do you have the latest graphics driver for your graphics card?

2. While using constrain to assemble parts, the preview didn't show even I check the "show preview" check box.

Attach assembly here that exhibits this behavior.

3. Change the part's appearance in assembly, but the part's appearance in .ipt didn't change.

Same behavior as SolidWorks. Assembly appearance is not part appearance. (for example could "paint" the same part different colors in different assemblies)

4. The "rules" can't function well for complex machine. 1st time run is fine but after save and then open again it occur error.

- example, the part should be hide but still show out in main assembly but sub assmbly already hide. [Feel weird because 3d should be link together each other]

Attach assembly here that exhibits this behavior. My guess is errors do to no training. (in my experience 90% of those who HAVE had training in SolidWorks or Inventor - still don't know what they are doing)

There are another question I would like to ask because I just start using this software. So there is many things I don't know,

1. What is Level of Detail? usage? Should be covered in Help - speed up a large assembly with a temporary shrinkwrap substitution

2. Don't have auto dimension function for creating dimension for drawing? Right click - Retrieve Dimensions

3. Ipart will auto generate out the configurate part file? I don't know what this means? More information needed.

4. Can not use rule to control the ipart? Like changing it's length. Becuase you haven't been trained - keep working on it, and attach your file when you get stuck.

4. Can I extrude parameter data from the rule or ipart configuration setting to excel file? Yes (if I understand your question)

5. This is the right software for a machine while many variation? That is what many companies use it for?

Inventor is equivalent to SolidWorks. No different, just slightly different ways of doing the same things.

Check out free classes here http://au.autodesk.com

Go through this beginner doc http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

Search YouTube for Rob Cohee Inventor videos

What book are you using to learn the software?

Previously, I am using solidworks and feel that solidworks in 3d model look like more advance than inventor.

Of course what you have been trained in and have more experience in is easier.

Inventor got 2D motion simulation? I know SolidWorks got...

2D and 3D simulation.

Do you have the full Inventor Professional?

Thank you.

1. I go to upgrade the graphic card driver to new version already but it didn't have cert by autodesk for the software. Got improve a bit compare to previous. (Thanks)

2. The preview problem also improve a bit already. Sometimes it can function already. I can't attach the file cause the file no belong to me.

4. Where can I get the iLogic rule training? How can I master it? However, it's look similar like VBA. So I still write out the multiple configuration but I not sure am I write in correct method.

5. Using paste special to paste the excel table into .dwg file to sustain the link but if the table to big ,the table in drawing will miss out some data.

- example, I copy the table from range a1 to v9 but the thing paste out just a1 to s9.

Why this will happen?

3. Ipart will auto generate out the configurate part file?

Ipart can create multiple configuration in a single part [This function is similar as configuration in SolidWorks]. However, If I create A, B, C and D configuration in the part, it will create a folder and generate all the A, B, C and D file in a folder. [solidWorks won't generate out the configuration files].

What book are you using to learn the software?

I didn't use any book. I just using the tutorial and the internet sources.

Inventor can auto arrange the drawing dimension?

Thank you very much.

4. Can I extrude parameter data from the rule or ipart configuration setting to excel file? Yes (if I understand your question)

Using This "GoExcel.CellValues("filename.xls", "Sheet1", "A2", "A10")=MultiValue.List("d0")"?

Need to create the file before using it?

Where can I learn and master the rule and ilogic? What book should I read?

Another question,

How to sustain the paste link function with excel if I change the file location together with the inventor files? it's look easy to break when I move entire folder to other drive.

Thank you