Alignment/Curve

nyaromulo

Hello

I am using Civil 3D 2008 (Newbie)

I just created a horizontal alignment and added a curve to it using ‘Fixed Curve (Two Points and Radius) it looks like what I want.

The issue here is I would like to have stationing follow the curve, which I can not seem to figure out (F1 not helpful)

My stationing is still along the two tangents through the PI. I want to get rid of this PI, also want the stationing to follow the curve that I just created. How can I handle this matter?

Thank you

You'll want to look up profile labels and label sets in the help file. You will set up the label styles under toolspace > settings tab > profile > label styles > station, grade breaks, line, or curve and after you set up the label styles you will create a label set under the same section (you should see it in the list).

To create labels and/or label sets just right-click the proper item > new...

Hello

I have labels styles set

Station

Grade breaks

Line

Curve

They all have information in them. I tried to play with these elements, but what I need is not taking place.

My file is too big to attach to the forum (a tryed to zipp it too).

I am wondering if i could have your email so i may send the file direct

thank you

(Sorry if you did not understand my question, English is a second language...grammar confusing?)

No it was my fault. I must have been sleepy when I read your original post. I was thinking vertical alignment when you said horizontal alignment. So sorry.

In the alignment style under the display tab turn off the line extensions and maybe curve extensions. When you added the curve it should have made the stationing follow the curve... or at least I thought so.

It doesn't appear that you have the option to do what you want with a fixed curve. I'm not sure why as I have never used fixed curves. The help file really doesn't seem to help that much either as you said.

Anyone else use the fixed curves?

If no answer try theswamp.org vertical > land lubber forum.

Hello

Well, I will then used the Free Curve Fillet (between two entities, radius).

I have my entire alignment as a one entity, how can i separate the lines so they become each element so i can fillet using Free Curve Fillet, or is there something i need to turn off to achieve this? please hlep me

Hello Rustysillo,

I have been playing with this alignment off and on and I finally figure something out...

I notice that i could use different elements within an alignment for instance, Tangent-Tangent (No curves) then Tangent-Tangent (with curves) under Alignment Layout Tools.

These elements used together at a different need creates alignment with tangents and curves. Once I was done with the alignment layout I just edited 'sub-entity' to sign the corrent radius since the default radius=200'.

I hope you understood what i am trying to say.

thank you

Absolutely. I'm glad you're learning it. When I do my horizontal alignments I always use the tangent-tangent (with curves) or the free curve fillet. for curves. This seems easier.