Paste 180' from cursor

I am re-arranging a facility layout, when I copy a block and paste it, the block is about 180ft from where I have snapped to. How do I get it to paste where I have snapped it?

Regards,

RDG

I believe so. I have tried just to paste, to paste "from" a snap point, paste as block. How do I ensure the insertion point is defined correctly?

I'm not sure with 2009 but if the block is in the drawing I would try BEDIT and select your block. Draw a line from 0,0 to where you think the insertion point is. The insertion point should be 0,0 (unless you have changed the BASE variable) so if you have a line drawn your insertion point is wrong. If you don't have a line then all was OK.

The insertion point is correct. I checked the grip settings and the BASE variable, all are normal. This quirk is not just limited to blocks, even if I copy a line, or polyline, the behavior is the same.

No there is only one UCS. It's like a system variable has been changed, to offset from the snap point. I'm just not sure where it is. I'm trying to find it, but so far no luck.

Just an idle thought, but one that should be mentioned to eliminate possibilities, when you mention snap, are you meaning grid snap or object snap :?

Perhaps the grid snap has been activated all unbeknownst.