Modeling Operation Error: Inconsistent face-body relationships.

turboCAD

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• turboCAD

• ReMark

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 units? That is a large distance compared to the object shown which measures 0.3 units.

I'm confused as to what you want for a final shape and where exactly you plan on slicing this object.

I want the red plane shape at the bottom extruded to such a height that it completely covers the complex surface;

then I want to slice the resulting solid along that complex surface , resulting two solids: one with the top side in the shape of the surface(positive) and one with the bottom side in the shape of the surface(negative)

I don't think it misses a side...I must add thickness to the surfaces that are perpendicular to the bottom red shape because they would not intersect the solid because they are parallel to its sides and, with no thickness they would not be carved out of the big solid as a result of the slicing

Turn the object using 3DORBIT and note that you can actually see inside the object.

Yes,you are referring to the inside of the pyramid, a shape that looks like a linear horn tweeter(speaker) because it lacks the base of the pyramid

that is correct

I intended it to be this way

I never would have guessed given the explanation you gave previously. Why did you use a combination of surfaces and solids?

So you are finished?

well, the lateral surfaces will gain a width/thickness as they will need to show in the printed object. The smart thing, from me, would have been to create the thickness before slicing and extruding, maybe It would have gone better(the slicing).

I have drawn the surface I wanted so I have finished with the subject of this thread.