Horizontal Alignment Curve Data

BMCD31

Hi -

I'm wondering how I can add station data to my horizontal curve label style. I've tried using reference text but I'm not sure how to get it to pick the beginning/end of the curve segment.

I've attached and example of what I'm looking for. I can get everything to look right except for the BC, PI and EC.

curve.jpg

Thank you!

If it is a Curve Label Style, you shouldn't need reference text.

one of the available properties is Start Station (and End Station). Is that what you are looking for?

begin_station.jpg

I don't have that in my list. What am I doing wrong? Here is my drop down menu.

curve.jpg

I added labels by clicking Add Label-Multiple Segment. Once labelled, I selected the curve label (which is actually called a General Segment Label) and then edited the style. In the Edit Label Style box it is called a General Curve Label....?

pencil.png

There are two different Curve Labels. One for General Curves, and one for Alignments.

Toolspace - Settings - Alignment - Label Styles - Curve

That is where you would create your label.

In the Add Labels dialog box, under Alignment, make sure that you have the Curve Label Style set to the Alignment Curve Label, not the General Curve Label.

The Alignment Curve Label has an icon that looks like the Alignment icon, The General Label has the three wrench icon.

Any guess as to why my BC and EC show up as "???"? The alignment curve label is referencing the correct alignment. Does it only work for certain types of alignment curves? I think mine are all put in as fixed curves.

Check the geometry of your alignment. Depending on how you created the alignment, Civil 3D can be a complete idiot. Even though it looks like the alignment is connected, it really is not. You will still see the alignment line, but the stationing will stop somewhere.

You will have to fudge around with the geometry editor to figure out where the problem is.

That was my problem exactly, Civil3D didn't like me adding a fixed curve in the middle, it had to be a floating curve. Problem solved, thanks again.