Table

guyzen2004

I have this rebar table showing the computation of the weight of reinforcing bars, which is in this case D22 ( wt=3.04 kg/m). On the 5th column of the table is the weight of one item in grams whereas the 6th column is the weight of one item multiplied by the number of pieces, and the result is in kilograms. Notice that the 6th column is written in 1 decimal place but if you will see it in the properties, it has many decimal places. My problem is if you sum up column 6, you may not arrived at a similar result by adding it manually.

This is my first time to make a table in autocad and i can't seem to find the right solution to my problem. I usually make my table in excel and I use the "round" option in all of my calculations. Need help!

Table.dwg

Is your precision setting really set to only use 1 decimal place per block?

increase your precision to 2 decimal places and youll arrive at a more exact value. im not sure if there is a setting for adjusting rounding up of values for CAD Tables when set to 1 decimal place but thats seems to be whats happening

I think AutoCAD "thinks" to many decimal places irrespective of the displayed precision. This is true of dimensions and I have always assumed the same is true of tables.

Is your precision setting really set to only use 1 decimal place per block?

increase your precision to 2 decimal places and youll arrive at a more exact value. im not sure if there is a setting for adjusting rounding up of values for CAD Tables when set to 1 decimal place but thats seems to be whats happening

I cannot adjust the precision setting to 2 or more decimal places. It's clients standard.

Could a lisp be a remedy for it. Summing column 6 and just get the absolute value.

Any Ideas.

thats a lot of work for just client standard. :D I dont know a lot about Lisp Routines but maybe you could request one in that section.

Im thinking maybe Fields can accomplish it, but it'll have to wait till tommorow to have a look for im not a a CAD computer now.

CHeers