Undefined group code 440 for object on line 3222.

JohnMak

I am getting "Undefined group code 440 for object on line 3222." when I try to load a DXF back into CAD. Is there anyone quick fix to this?

We are using both 2009 and 2011.

Attached is the problematic DXF.

L14CVRa.dxf

Without checking the dxf it will be some form of word it does not like and using MS-word you can fix it you need to got to line 3222 and have a look up and down a bit it may be something like $asdf you need asdf I would suggest remove space in front from this line 16777216

yeah did have a look.

Having done a bit of research, group code 440 is something to do with True Colour transparency.

If you go to the beginning of the DXF file, you will see that the quoted version is 9. In those days, True colour had not been thought about, so the reference to True Colour might be counter productive.

With that in mind, if you go through the DXF file and remove the lines that refer to this 440 code and the next line, then one gets a picture like this:-

DXFrevealed.jpg