3D drawings won't plot

DENNISb

I work with autocad 2011 and my problem is the following.

When my 3D vieuwport is properly set in my layout page. I try to plot my layout. when i've compledet my plotsettings I first check out that everyting is ok. and evrything looks great. but when I plot everything is plotted exept the 3D drawing. althoug the 3d drawing is shown on the plot preview. (look at pdf's to see wat I meen).

Now when my colleagues try to plot the same drawingfile there is no problem.

But I am sick and tired of disturbing my colleagues for plotting for me. and we can't find the difference in settings.

So can anyone help me?

Actual-Plot_3D.pdf

Plot-preview_3D.pdf

viewport has always been the culprit here... not knowing what the issue is (can be many things with layering) and not knowing who did it... I just draw a new vport and do a match prop to the exist. one and that sets it back to defaults.... first thing I'd do to rule stuff out anyway.....

viewport has always been the culprit here... not knowing what the issue is (can be many things with layering) and not knowing who did it... I just draw a new vport and do a match prop to the exist. one and that sets it back to defaults.... first thing I'd do to rule stuff out anyway.....

Usually you see the problem on plot preview when the viewport is the culprit as well as see it on all machines. New viewport is worth a try I guess.

But that is the strange thing, my colleagues can plot the same drawing whit the same vport an all. notting is changed.

Maybe If I delete autocad on my computer and reinstal it?

could that help?

How did you make the PDF?

I would say look at the printer properties>custom properties maybe the driver.

the pdf's are from scanning the print out sheets. plot preview was otherwise to big to upload.

You want to uninstall then reinstall AutoCAD because you have a minor printing problem? That is a bit extreme in my opinion. First exhaust all other options and then if necessary do a REPAIR first. Leave the "nuclear" option as a last resort.

I sure wasn't planning on doeing that now. I indeed hope to find the problem first so i can fix it before taking such drastic measures.

But if I can't fix it I wil consider the option.

I guess this comment was a bit premature then? "Maybe If I delete autocad on my computer and reinstal it?"

Give these guys a good run at it before you decide to bail. They are very good at what they do.

Otherwise I woeldn't be here If I didn't think they would find a solution. I hope so, and at the same time i'm surching as well. it isn't so that I let the dirtywork for other people without trying myself.

I don't get the impression you came here looking for us to do your dirty work. I realize you came here out of desperation/frustration but let's not jump off the ledge just yet OK?

The fact that you can print in black/white is a good sign. If you couldn't print at all then I might be worried. The black and white output was via the exact same printer correct?