piping displays as 2d wireframe in top view with 3d hidden as visual style

boris767

I'm using autocad mep 2013 and have finally given up on finding a solution to my problem and am ready to embarrass myself on the internet. Even though my visual style is set to 3d hidden top view always displays all of my MEP piping as 2d wireframe. How do I set top/plan view to display 3d hidden?

Instead of using a Visual Style, I would utilize Display Representations instead. In order for this to work properly you need to be in 2D Wireframe Visual Style. Then, if you started with a MEP Template, use the "MEP Design" Display Representation of the results you're probably after.

Plan View is what I'm referring to, yes.... but I'm mainly trying to make sure that the original poster is leveraging the power of Display Representations if he's wanting his 3D AEC Objects to visually represent a clean 2D linework drawing, which is what this is intended to be helpful in.

See here: http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadmep/enu/online-help/search#WScedd0d2069f88934b1c260fa2565f2a6-7fff.htm

8)

unfortunately I have yet to find a co. that will invest the time in MEP to build/arrange all the templates/project navigator/SSM, etc, etc....so I have to add the styles as I need them (regardless of what they are) since I'm rarely working in new drawings..... now I hear my current employer wants to go to Plant3D. I think I prefer MEP but as long as they get behind me...(was hired to bring them into the whole 3D design mentality thing)

but I digress.......

Ah, I see. Yeah I know what it's like to be at a company that doesn't want to move forward. I didn't stick around very long. I see that as hindering my own career. The more time goes by that a company I worked for held me back the greater loss for me in my experience and ongoing skills.

:)

exactly, thus the move to sunny Fla. (nevermind the wife and grandkid pulling me....). only been here 2 months so waiting for them to pull the trigger. A week left of my 30 day MEP trial so they should be deciding here soon... THEN it's off to the races finally... (I hope)