Rename Script gives me an error when it hits a space

Jayplac

Hey there!

I'm pretty new to scrpits and all programing operations of AutoCAD. I've got this super complex script that I'm trying to run and need some help debugging from one of you fine Gurus. Here it is:

-rename

block

Bald Cypress

Red Oak

That's it. My problem comes from the space after the word Bald. What I believe is happening is that AutoCAD thinks that the space is an enter. What do you guys think? Is there a way around this? Simple is always good. I spent half the night last night looking for a different way to do this. A Lisp would work, I'm sure, but I don't know how to write one.

Thanks!

you are correct that AutoCAD thinks the space is an enter. Try enclosing the names in ""quotes", I think that will solve your problem. This is the main reason I like to keep spaces out of my file names and use either Capitalisation or _ underscores.