Running scripts problem

dingleboy

Hi all,

Trying to run a simple script on a bunch of files and am running into trouble. Using ScriptPro and AutoCAD Architecture 2012. I read Lee Mac's script writing tutorial http://lee-mac.com/scriptwriting.html but am not using The Script Writer (which looks pretty super).

Macros should change the plot state of a specific layer, "X-CHEK" in this case, to No Plot, save, close the drawing. Here's what I have (after many small and tests):

-LAYER P N

X-CHEK

_.save _Y _.close

Results have been mixed. Currently ScriptPro is reporting failed for each drawing, but I know the layer state change was successful for about 80% of the drawings because saving the drawings in AutoCAD increases the file size from 8-10kb to ~80kb. Solution has been to go back and run the script on those unsuccessful drawings.

Another strange thing that seemed to happen without warning was that AutoCAD stopped running the script altogether, flashing _.SCRIPT at the command line and closing the drawing without saving.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?