Dynamic Block - Visibility Sets

KoTa04

Hi all,

I can't seem to get my visibility sets to work out. I just use the parameter set - visibility set. I create a few new visibility states such as rectangle and circle. When I switch between sets and make changes (such as deleting my circle and creating my rectangle) then switching back between visibility states, I am simply left with the rectangle on all my sets.

I seem to be missing something that "locks in" my visibility sets and leave the others unmodified. I played with the architectural-imperial block template that autocad has built in it, and their visibility sets work. But I can't recreate them inside that template.

Any help appreciated.

Hi all,

I can't seem to get my visibility sets to work out. I just use the parameter set - visibility set. I create a few new visibility states such as rectangle and circle. When I switch between sets and make changes (such as deleting my circle and creating my rectangle) then switching back between visibility states, I am simply left with the rectangle on all my sets.

I seem to be missing something that "locks in" my visibility sets and leave the others unmodified. I played with the architectural-imperial block template that autocad has built in it, and their visibility sets work. But I can't recreate them inside that template.

Any help appreciated.

can you attach what you have done so far?

Hi all,

... When I switch between sets and make changes (such as deleting my circle and creating my rectangle)...

Well, this is not the proper mode to work with VisStates. How do you expect to see a deleted object?

When you create a new VisibilityState, you have 3 options:

vis1.png

Make sure the first option is active, give a name, OK, OK and you are back in block editor. Add objects as you want. Repeat for every new VisState.

Even if you select any other option, you can still change the visibility of any object. Just play with the options available on buttons next to VisibilityState (Visibility mode, Make Visible, Make Invisible).

vis2.png

HTH