split screen in paper space

suresh_070379

Hi,

I am working in paper space having more than six viewports which are arranged vertically. When I am checking for alignment, I need to pan more. To avoid this, is it possible to split the screen for the same file while working in paper space?

Kindly help.

Regards,

Suresh

You have that much distance to cover in a layout? How big is this layout anyway, a kilometer?

Use this long forgotten feature: Aerial view.

To access it type the following at the command line:

.DSVIEWER

When the aerial view pops up relocate it to a more suitable area of your screen so it doesn't get in the way. Use this to move around in your drawing.

Hi Remark,

Actually i am working in cement plant layout. Plant distance is in meters only. What we are doing that when preparing the layout, we have plan views like H1, H2, H3 and elvations like L1,L2,L3 and end views like C1,C2,C3 in single sheet. If i change the position of one equipment in H view, i will copy and rotate that view under the C view and check the matching. Normally we are working in model space. To avoid this repeated copy and paste job, i have started to use layout and viewport. I am in the beginning stage in this trial. So, i have created layouts like C1,C2,C3 and in each layout, i have created four viewports. One is actual C1 view and others are plan views in 90 degree rotated condition. So, now if i change the H1 view in model space, it will automatically updated in layout C1 and i can move the object in C view easily. This procedure will reduce time. Upto this, it is fine. What i will do in model space is to avoid the panning, i will make to view ports and check the alingnment. When i try the same thing in paper space, additional viewport only being created and not the split screen. Each viewport size is A1 sheet size.

If i have the split screen option in paper space as available in model space by view port command, it will be very much useful for me.

Suresh

Ok...so "cement plant" is really a code phrase for "highly secretive weapons development facility". I understand.

I think you should have designed this facility in 3D so you would not have to be checking the different views. Only after everyone is satisfied do you then generate the 2D views from the 3D model using any one of five different methods AutoCAD has to offer. You're doing the drawing the same way it would have been done on the drafting board 25-30 years ago when there is no need. Use the power of the program you have to work smarter not harder.

Make use of the Aerial View to move around more efficient in your drawing.

You have that much distance to cover in a layout? How big is this layout anyway, a kilometer?

Use this long forgotten feature: Aerial view.

To access it type the following at the command line:

.DSVIEWER

When the aerial view pops up relocate it to a more suitable area of your screen so it doesn't get in the way. Use this to move around in your drawing.

Interesting. Not one I'd use often but interesting none the less.