Retaining OOTB defaults

Keywordkid

I've not had much luck on responses lately, seems my questions are either too chalenging or too studip to answer. So here goes...

I've seen plenty of mention of using shortcut switches to define customer settings, etc and I use these myself but I find my OOTB setup nolonger functions as the last used settings always apply. What can I do to retain the OOTB AutoCAD English setup?

Thanks in anticipation :D

I don't understand your question. You want to do some customization (in the acad.pgp I am guessing) but want the same letter shortcut (alias) to perform both functions? You will either have OOTB functions (again I am assuming aliases) or you will have the new ones.

Could you clarify your question.

Pure and simply I want to retain all OOTB settings, CUI, wksp's, etc - so when I run the default shortcut I get the OOTB original settings and not the last used setup from a client shortcut switch.

You can go to AutoCAD options. In profiles tab, create a new profile. Select it and choose set current.

After the new profile is selected, click reset to reset the settings to default.

Now you have two profiles: OOTB and the last one you use.

You can create two shortcuts to automatically load the profile. See this AutoCAD start switch tip for your reference.

You may want to set ptofiles, template, and workspace in your shortcut.

Like edwin make all your CUI's partial menu's, we have a lisp to reset paths and then you need to save new profile. The one thing we have found is load a profile into default ACAD start up then edit desktop icon to new profile and copy cui's to correct path else it will not work. @014 we think we can achieve it in minutes, only taken about 3 upgrades.